Lighting/Initial setup questions

spacecadet9

whats up to all, newbz here trying to get some info

so i'm starting my first setup, already got some seeds (cannacopia - magnum). i'm going to use an old mini fridge for the grow box.

for the lighting, im going with a 100w metal halide for veg and 200w HPS for flowering. my question is, do i need a ballast? does a regular light socket give enough power to my light bulb?

i plan on using the sog or scrog method (i need to read up more about them, but looks good).

i still have a lot to read up on, and any tips would be great. thanks guys :Rasta:

Nothing? Does anyone know who would know the answer to this question? I need to know whether or not to buy a ballast system to go along with the bulb since it is such low wattage.

HID lights require a ballast and the ballast must be rated the same as the bulb not more not less. If you go with the mini fridge you will probably need to consider heat and height of your plant (unless you keep the fridge running :). Supercropping or paperclip training may be better for you then sog or scrog in that tight of space. I would plan on cutting some holes into the fridge for intake and exhaust fans.

Im growing Magnum out right now have a look, it's quality gear much DC influence. Oh well have a look in my gallery

Back
Top Bottom