Lighting Question

saywordson357

i need some help with an issue.I don't have enough wall outlets to run my two ballast and two 600 watt lights.SO i want to know if i buy the pmx-1 power expansion module for the grow light ,will i need another one for the two ballast?If so can i just plug these modules in the wall socket?Or do i need an electrician to hook this up?I really don't want anyone in my grow room ,that's why i need some help here? peace

You need to know exactly what is on the circuit you intend to use. Two 600 watt balasts will draw a minimum of 10 amps running. During start up that will spike much higher. Most house circuits are only rated at 15 amps. Anything else on that circuit is an additional draw. Personally I would not run two 600's on a typical house circuit. Using extension cords to draw power from another area in the house is a very bad idea. Fire waiting to happen.

I am also running two 600's. For my OP I ran a separate 30 amp circuit using 10ga wiring. Nothing else is on the circuit that does not have a part in the OP.

Wiring is not terribly complex however if you don't have a good idea of what needs to be done, hire someone that does.

You need to know exactly what is on the circuit you intend to use. Two 600 watt balasts will draw a minimum of 10 amps running. During start up that will spike much higher. Most house circuits are only rated at 15 amps. Anything else on that circuit is an additional draw. Personally I would not run two 600's on a typical house circuit. Using extension cords to draw power from another area in the house is a very bad idea. Fire waiting to happen.

I am also running two 600's. For my OP I ran a separate 30 amp circuit using 10ga wiring. Nothing else is on the circuit that does not have a part in the OP.

Wiring is not terribly complex however if you don't have a good idea of what needs to be done, hire someone that does.
Hi Screwnuts33, was wondering about your timers, I'm about to upgrade with another 600w hps, and starting to get the feeling that running 2 off one timer is a no no.... How is yours set up? I'm also going to add some supplement leds, and wondering if it's the same again? Cheers mate

Back
Top Bottom