Best Way to Store Bud

drktwr

I usually don't have a problem with storage but I recently found a source that provides Chocolate Thai. Since its hard to find I'm buying 1/2 oz. It should last me a couple months but I want to know what is the best way to store bud. I heard that the refridgerator is a good place, is that true? Thanks.

I think you should just put it in a jar, thats how i keep my bud nice n fresh. Or get two zip locs instead of one

The Pump n Seal which was sold on TV was an excellent way to vacuum seal and reseal jars and other airtight containers. High Times advertises a device called "It Sucks" and looks to be the same thing. It is a small hand held vacuum pump which is placed over an adhesive tab that is placed over a small hole that is made in the lid or somewhere on your container and remove practically all atmospheric gases as is done with most food sold in glass jars. It cost under $30, which is cheap for the long term storage capabilities it provides. When you open a jar, the "swooshing" sound lets you know it works. "It Sucks" work with most glass jars, if they have a metal soft seal lid like canning jars.

After the harvest is cured and dry enough to create a snapping sound when stems are bent, the material is vacuum sealed in glass containers with a dessicant. Once the oxygen is removed from within them, the curing process and cannabinoid dterioration slows to a halt. The buds must remain dry, kept out of direct light, and the ambient temperature should be kept cool and constant. I prefer to keep the majority of the sealed jars in the refrigerator. Freezing in vacuum sealed glass containers is best for uninterrupted, long term storage. I keep "jars in use" in the cupboard to avoid humidity and temperature fluctuations that occur when you remove them from the refridgerator.

Thats what I need to get, just because out of sight out of mind. I'd smoke that 1/2 Oz in 2 weeks otherwise.

:adore: :laughtwo: Chocolate Thai??? WHAT...WHAT STATE HAS CHOC. THAI? i HAVEN'T HAD THAI WEED SINCE THE SEVENTIES:adore: AWESOME STUFF OF LEGEND...I'M DAMN HAPPY FOR YOU...MIGHT MAKE 1 MONTH SUPPLY 4 ME.

Thanks Stix, thats a great idea. Sound like that vaccum seal is the storage solution. I'll look in the local As Seen on TV store this weekend.

:adore: :laughtwo: Chocolate Thai??? WHAT...WHAT STATE HAS CHOC. THAI? i HAVEN'T HAD THAI WEED SINCE THE SEVENTIES:adore: AWESOME STUFF OF LEGEND...I'M DAMN HAPPY FOR YOU...MIGHT MAKE 1 MONTH SUPPLY 4 ME.

Thanks, a dispensary in Orange carries it. They even deliver too!:goof: Here is the link, they have a menu. I know you have a medical card

what about larger amounts of bud? i heard the best way is to freeze it.

wow u can conserve the shit out of weed, the dealers I know who deal with pounds tend to freeze their buds.

Yeah, I know. I smoke everyday but it only takes a little to get me high. On the weekends though I tend to pack fat bowls knowing that I don't have to go to work at night.

Vacuum sealing wouldn't be the best way to keep the buds. Whenever a vacuum is pulled on anything, it boils off all moisture and you do not want the buds to go dry like the desert. The best you can hope for is to put them into a glass jar and put them in the basement or in a cool place. The fridge should work but then where are ya gonna put the beer? Definitely don't freeze it, either. Freezing does the same thing as pulling a vacuum on it. It'll make it bone dry. Curing continues during storage until it's all consumed and can make well aged buds smoke like a dream. I'm not sure how long buds will last in a jar and in a cool place but I would assume a couple years is not unreasonable. Storage in baggies (ziplock) at room temperature will greatly reduce the shelf life of any buds.

Thanks, a dispensary in Orange carries it. They even deliver too!:goof: Here is the link, they have a menu. I know you have a medical card so I'm sure you'll hook up soon.

quote]
:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :adore: Thanks for the referrel...it's just a matter of finding a "Fist Full of Dollars" & a "Few Dollars More", then finding my damn car keys so I can drive out and get some before its 2 late.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom