Best way to use 230v LED in us help

azsupratt

I am wanting to purchase a light with these specs

Chip: 3 watts Epistar LEDs (225 x 3W)
Light Spectrum: Full Spectrum, 8 different colors (430nm-740nm)

Power: 300W
Operating voltage: 230V

I have only used lumatek 120v ballast so I have no idea how i can use or what to do to be able to use 2 of these in my room. Any advice on what I can use or what I need to do would be very helpful.

Sorry to tell you but you won't be buying a product with those specs. Epistar does not make a 430nm or 740nm LED and the quality of their 3 watt InGaN LEDs is on the low side as far as output goes. Most manufacturers tend to go with Bridgelux for the blues. Furthermore, there are only 7 prime colors. I believe you may be referring to 8 bands or spectra. LEDs tend to have a 10-15nm range at their peak. So a 430nm LED will give 90% of its light output between 420 and 440 nm range. Many companies will use a 430nm and a 450nm LED in their housing. This counts as 2 spectra or bands but is still only 1 color. There are a lot of variables that go into these things like thermal management, drive current, led quality/manufacture, and phosphorus used. That is why I said in general or most when referring to many of the above listed items.

I'm not trying to be mean, but that owner is simply resales Chinese crap. It is not possible for the light to have 430nm Epistar LED's because Epistar does not manufacture them. Nor do they produce a 740nm Far red or a white led that hits 740nm. We have all seen LED re-sellers make some wild claims (like 200 watts replaces a 1000 watt HPS). These claims are no different. No single point source light can cover a 9sq meter area or a 3 meter/9 ft tall plant, not even a 1000 watt HPS.

No problem I get where your coming from, But seeing multiple journals like this are what are making me want to go with it. These are using multiple of the PowerLED-180

Dimensions: L400 X B212 X H71 mm
Material: Aluminum
Chip: Bridglux 3w3chip (119 x 3w3chip)
Light Spectrum: Full Spectrum, 8 different colors (430nm-740nm)
Power: 180w
Operating voltage: 230V
Lighting area: 0.8 - 6 m² (depending on variety)
Height of plant: 0.3 to 2.4 m
Lifetime: 50,000 h
Protection: IP20
Net weight: 4.5 kg
CE: Yes
Compliant: Yes
Warranty: 1 year

those are $485 shipped. Do you think there are comparable leds for the price and results based on those journals?

Just received more tech specs on the 300 model.

Technical
Specifications:
LEDs: 225pcs, 3W high power Dide
Ratio:IR730nm ,430-475nm, 620-
630nm, 660nm,white 2800K-7000K
Input Votalge: 100-240VAC
Viewing angle: 90 degrees
Lifespan: 50000 hours

3 watt Epistar LED's
Epistar led Part No: Red ES-SMBRPN42A ,blue:ESSMHRPN42B
Gloss Black Housing.
2 Ultra Quiet Cooling Fan.
Stainless Steel hanging Cables.

Do you live in Sweden? If not, I'd definitely get a qualified electrician, or somewhere here that knows about it to make sure it will work properly. I don't think 230V is a standard in the U.S., but I admit to being completely ignorant when it comes to electricity.

First both of those part numbers you list are 2 watt 660 nm red leds. Link to Epistar. I'm not saying that it is a bad grow light, I'm just saying that you are getting bad information from the seller. There are many companies out there selling these exact models and getting good results. FYI if you google one of the part numbers it will take you to a site that sells directly from China. The price is good btw.

Back
Top Bottom