Big leaves

I defoliate through out the plants vegetative life rather then in flower. It helps get lights to the lower nodes so they can grow an mature. The cannabis plant thrives with regular pruning if you are doing it properly, pruning doesn't stop at just leaves either ;)

shroomery? lol interesting link Spuzz

The leaves use the light to grow the buds.

The buds use very little, if any, light.

Do you cut the leaves off an apple tree because the apples are in the shade? Same principal here.

DD

DD I don't generally say this but you couldn't be more wrong. Large old leaves end up storing nutrients in them instead of allowing them to be used for plant growth is the way a grower explained it to me. If you haven't defoliated then I suggest you do it and you might just start defoliating your apple tree after you see the results on your cannabis. There isn't one plant that I grow any more that I don't prune or defoliate. Cannabis responds wonderfully to manipulation and regular trimmings. I use a combination of LST topping and defoliation on every plant I grow indoors, if this were outdoors then it would be a different story because you have a moving light source rather then a fixed one(very few people grow with light movers).

LOL Ok, whatever works for you. I'm not going to argue, because in many years of growing 'stuff' I have seen that there is certainly more than one way to relieve a feline of its fur.

I do LST, pruning, trimming (roots too) and have no qualms about doing so. I just don't defoliate just to defoliate.

I do lollipop my clones in a SOG grow, but I don't think that's what we're talking about here. Other than that lower 1/3-1/2, I leave the fans alone, but the bottom of the stalk is bare.

It's all good.

DD

Back
Top Bottom