Bill Maher

Toronto420

Bill Maher's got to be one of the best celebrities supporting marijuana use in the public eye today.

Any Maher fans out there? His HBO show Real Time commonly breezes over the topic of legalization, but mostly focuses on political happenings of all kinds. There is a great scene in his latest film 'Religilous' which takes place in Amsterdam I believe, we need more guys like Bill Maher getting the word out - not only about weed, but about environmental issues, animal rights, and corporate skepticism.

He comes across as way too arrogant for me. Horrible little man complex. At least he was this way years ago when I would happen upon his HBO show. Thats good that he speaks his mind about legalization though.

I definitely know what you mean, and on some issues I think he gets carried away and perhaps makes some leaps to conclusions without getting all the facts straight. I'm also not a big fan of him being on the board of directors of PETA. I'm all for animal rights, but greenpeace, PETA, these groups are borderline terrorists IMO.

I think the arrogance comes from pent up frustration, as well as partially being shock-factor. To me it's useful to have this type of attitude in his line of work, especially being a middle aged, wealthy, white man - there needs to be this presence in the media to essentially slap the face of the bureaucracy comprised of the same socioeconomic background...

I've been watching Bill Maher for years and although I certainly don't agree with all his ideas, I do like the fact that s speaks his mind on MJ.

I wonder what his favoite smoke is/are?

I think Maher's a douche. But I am thankful for any famous people that support legalization.

i just wish alot more celebritys who smoke would come out and just tell the facts,these people have money and fame and could be great lobbyists and sway the government.

Back
Top Bottom