Biochar ph?

Pondwater

i got my biochar over a week in a nute and wormcast water , the ph is still 7.5 on the char, i am worried if adding to my soil it alters ph like i read it can with a liming effect, some saying it harms thier yield ?
company i buy it from sells phed innoculated to 6 char but was out of stock so sent me a bag of plane char i feel the ph hasnt dropped enough, i dont wana reuce my cec , though i have grown without it fine years, its part of the soil mix ?

Howdy well my friend its probably anaerobic now
I do a compost tea and then soak the char in that i in usually let it sit an hr or 2 then i mix it in my soil and then ph the soil with lime for up sulfur fir down. But ive read in your other posts your having drainage issues, you might want to get a handle on that before adding char because char is a water retainer and you don't need any more water retetion. I use pumice, perlite and or crushed oyster shells for my aeration ✌️

Howdy well my friend its probably anaerobic now
I do a compost tea and then soak the char in that i in usually let it sit an hr or 2 then i mix it in my soil and then ph the soil with lime for up sulfur fir down. But ive read in your other posts your having drainage issues, you might want to get a handle on that before adding char because char is a water retainer and you don't need any more water retetion. I use pumice, perlite and or crushed oyster shells for my aeration ✌️
Nah buddy that was an old compost trial I did I’m never using it again I’m staying peat , the compost is great it ya don’t water much but it’s too hard to grasp so I’m using it as worm good atm and a good ole peat mix plants gettin big now
All the biochar shut I read online says 2weeks to 6month and day 6i crack them are stil dry now I crack em and there wet lol
I followed many guides online soaking them for 2 week but I just don’t like the ph being so high on the char , I’m gona drain it tomorow and see what the ph is

Back
Top Bottom