Bottom leaves are turning yellow

Zdaren

My plants are only about 3-4 weeks old and the bottom leaves on my plants are wilting and dying and sometimes falling off. Would anyone be able to guide me in the right direction of what I need to do?

thx

If you want an informed answer, you'll need to be more informative. Lighting, what kind, how far away from plants, and how many watts per square foot. Soil or hydro? What kind of soil? How big are your plants and pots? What's the temp and humidity level of your grow area? What's your watering schedule? Do you just use tap water? Do you chech the Ph? What fertilizers do you use if any, and how often, and at what strength? If the bottom leaves are falling off a month old plant, could be several things. You might not have enough light, or more probably you need to start using fertilizers. A pic would be helpfull too if possible. Check out the posting guide lines which is the very first post in this section of the forum.
Vin

400 watt hps, around 1 meter from plants, soil, plants only about 6 or so inches from light, temp around 79, humidity im not sure, watering schedule i'd say twice a day but i dont drown the plants with water,i use distilled water, ph is roughly around 6.8, i'm not using any ferts as of yet.

Any more info i'll be more than happy to give

Very good Dude: Now let some of the more experienced growers check out this thread and give you some advice. As for me, I think you should back off on watering. wait till the soil cracks around the edges of the pot. Every 3 days or so. If your pots are not very big, your plants have probably used up all the available nutes, so read up on fertilizing your plant. If your pots are too small, they could already be root bound. Sounds like a nute thing to me though. Vin.

I would suggest going to a different schedule. Water once a day maybe 200-300 ml. When the soil an inch down is dry then you need to water. Distilled water is good but you need to start using nutrients. Distilled water doesnt even have the natural salt content that tap water has. Start using a good hydroponic fertilizer or good soil fertiizer. Also, at 1 meter away, a 400 watt HPS bulb looses much of its light. Drop the light down between 10-15 inches, carefully watching the plant for signs of overheating and scorching.
Hope this helps.

What do the little round leaves look like? Are they yellow and about to fall off? You might need to start using ferts if that's the case..

Back
Top Bottom