Breaking Good News from DC

merickson

Its about time

"The Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) reports that a U.S. House of Representatives just voted 221-202 on the omnibus spending bill, which will allow Washington, D.C. to implement its medical marijuana law. ..."

House Lifts Ban on D.C. Medical Marijuana Law

One step at a time

Good, now maybe the politicians with residence in D.C. can try it out for their medical conditions, and at the same time acquire some compassion for the rest of us.

It's a pretty open law from what I understand.

I think doctors and patients decide where it will help; not the politicians list of approved conditions.

This doesn't need Obama's signature, it's a done deal as I understand it

This passed in 1998 but was barred from being allowed to go into effect (defunded)

The Barr ammendment I think

Cool, I just wasn't sure because on the link in the OP, it says that President Obama has to "sign the bill into law."

I'm not stating this right, let me take another stab at it ;)

They've slipped this into the main bill used to fund the government. It's not a stand-alone deal.

Essentially, the law was passed near 10 years ago but the Federal Government was blocking it from being implemented by refusing to fund it.

The funding is in the omnibus, and Obama signed it three days ago

Hell, we got the nation's capital now, the rest of the country needs to get it's shit in gear and get on with it (especially Omaha)!

Regards the DC legalization effort; there is still the 30 day post signature review period. The bill (initiative 59) gets put before Congress for review before it can be implemented.

A bunch of states are going for outright legalization (California, Washington, Oregon, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Nevada) and even more are going for a range of things from decrim, to medical, to lowest priority legislation, (North Carolina, Wisconsin, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Hawaii, and Illinois)

There's even a couple federal ones, for Hemp, personal use, and one that weakens the Fed's authority to screw with states that have Medical laws on the books.

:cheer: Contact your elected officials, engage the fight :cheer:

Agreed. Our country has been dumbed down for sooooo many years and- thank God many people are waking up to just how bad it really is. States rights for sure!!

This is good news, I'm going to celebrate. (Like I need an excuse) I'ma roll up a gram of peace love and joy and smoke it!
:rollit::peace:

and even more are going for a range of things from decrim, to medical, to lowest priority legislation, (North Carolina, Wisconsin, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Hawaii, and Illinois)

There's even a couple federal ones, for Hemp, personal use, and one that weakens the Fed's authority to screw with states that have Medical laws on the books.

:cheer: Contact your elected officials, engage the fight :cheer:

Here is to the good fight!

Back
Top Bottom