Bubblers are really great!

RooRman

I have a sherlock bubbler that have only recently really put to good use and I have realized it is pretty cool. As long as you don't tip it around alot then you benifit from the water filtration over a normal handpipe. Plus I really like to smoke roaches out of it, when the joint is getting small, just stick it in the bubbler, works great! Anyone else love these wonderful little glass inventions? Also what kind of bubbler do you have, is it a hammer, a sherlock, a sidecar, or something else entirely?

:Rasta: This is the official thread for the great BUBBLER! :Rasta:

I love my bub to. Its the best pipe I've bought so far. I will have more of them soon.

I dont like mine because its too tempting to carry it around in my pocket. Bubblers and pockets dont mix. Unless you like the smell of bong water.

Dunno , I like them but yet i don't . When ashing got to worry about pouring the water out and changing the water it gets alot dirtyer in that small thing. I love my bong. Stick a roach in that and ur good.

yeah i have a big hammer bubbler, great thing it is, got a nice case for it as well that is very good for storage and taking it places

hard to get squeaky clean though

CherryEyed said:
I adore my bub.

I love it.

It's a sherlock bub, too.

It's some what of a minature.

Hard to clean, though.

bluntman420 said:
yeah i have a big hammer bubbler, great thing it is, got a nice case for it as well that is very good for storage and taking it places

hard to get squeaky clean though

I must admit that the Formula 420 cleaner did clean my bubbler out crystal clear just by shaking it around for a minute or two. I highly recommend it for nasty bubblers. Also, I always use a glass screen in mine, does anyone else?

Also you have to know what kind of pipe it really is before you call it a bubbler. Some pipes (hammers especially) look like bubblers but are in fact not meant to have water in them. The difference is that to be a bubbler it must have a downstem in it.

Urdedpal said:
I use a glass screen on my hammer. Her name is ugly. She treats me well.

HAHA thats so funny! I think other people will probably think my bubbler is ugly as well and I was actually going to post a pic and see what people think. I like it and the colors in it but I assume other people would probably think it is hideous. It can be seen here in this pic, it is the one all the way to the right, the yellow shelock bubbler. Tell me what you think.

MVC-003F.JPG

no my hammer bubbler is definatly ment to be a bubbler, has the downstem

i think im gonna pick up some glass screens for it, help keep it a bit cleaner

bluntman420 said:
no my hammer bubbler is definatly ment to be a bubbler, has the downstem

i think im gonna pick up some glass screens for it, help keep it a bit cleaner

Yeah, it's pulling the ash through that makes the bubblers get so dirty. Glass screens really help with that.

Urdedpal I like your bubbler too, yellow is such a good color to have on a bubbler for some reason. I actually didn't like the color yellow for the longest time but now I have a yellow RooR and I have kind of fallen in love with this color.

She was given to me by my brother n law and was so hopelessly clogged and blackened I thought she was blue. Come to find out she is clear with yellow and blue squiggles. Took me 2 hrs to clean the first time after soaking it overnight in alcohol. I ended up using my 420 cleaner cause alcohol and salt could only do so much.

Urdedpal said:
She was given to me by my brother n law and was so hopelessly clogged and blackened I thought she was blue. Come to find out she is clear with yellow and blue squiggles. Took me 2 hrs to clean the first time after soaking it overnight in alcohol. I ended up using my 420 cleaner cause alcohol and salt could only do so much.

I strongly agree there, sometimes iso and salt just won't cut it. Thats when we break out the Formula 420. I hate it when people don't keep thier pipes clean.

I bought Formula 420 once. Cleaned my pipe, put the bottle away, went to clean my pipe again about a month later and the entire bottle was a mess... looked like whatever chemicals were in it had seperated and this nasty grainy mess had congealed inside of it.

ScottyB's clean pipe recipe:
-Run warm water through the pipe for a few minutes
-Fill a baggie (preferably zip-lock) with warm water and a bunch of salt
-Place pipe in baggie and shake for 2 minutes
-Rinse pipe
-Pour ethanol rubbing alcohol into the baggie (after emptying the water) and repeat shaking
-Rinse pipe
-If it isn't clean, just repeat the steps and after about two tries it should be squeaky clean

I prefer this to buying F420, basically because the shit goes bad quickly, costs a lot of money, and my method works good and doesn't cost me a dime... until I need to buy more salt and alcohol, that is.

ScottyBThatIsMe said:
I bought Formula 420 once. Cleaned my pipe, put the bottle away, went to clean my pipe again about a month later and the entire bottle was a mess... looked like whatever chemicals were in it had seperated and this nasty grainy mess had congealed inside of it.

ScottyB's clean pipe recipe:
-Run warm water through the pipe for a few minutes
-Fill a baggie (preferably zip-lock) with warm water and a bunch of salt
-Place pipe in baggie and shake for 2 minutes
-Rinse pipe
-Pour ethanol rubbing alcohol into the baggie (after emptying the water) and repeat shaking
-Rinse pipe
-If it isn't clean, just repeat the steps and after about two tries it should be squeaky clean

I prefer this to buying F420, basically because the shit goes bad quickly, costs a lot of money, and my method works good and doesn't cost me a dime... until I need to buy more salt and alcohol, that is.

The instructions for Formula 420 clearly state that you should shake it well before using it. What bothers me most about Formula 420 is not the way it cleans, its the way the smell is so unpleasent and persistant unless rinsed very well with extremely hot water.

CherryEyed said:
You see the big thing, in the middle row, on the far right?

Isn't that a bub or does it not have a downstem?

I can't tell on account you can see through it.

:hmmmm:

Sorry I originaly said left, I meant right lol ! Yes, the big yellow shelock is indeed a bubbler. It has a downstem, although I wish it was actually a diffuser downstem :cheesygrinsmiley: . Your bubbler is nice as well becuase it is a little taller, so I'm sure it can take a little more water. Another reason why I always use a glass screen is to keep the water from jumping up into the burning bowl.

I have heard of people buying custom bubblers with diffuser stems built into them, but other than that it is not really your run of the mill addition.

Yes bubblers, espescially sherlocks, are very easy to tip and either spill the water or soak the contents of the bowl, but you just need to be more careful. I admit I do this sometimes too and I can only say better things about the piece seeing as it hasn't broken or chipped in any way. Just try to put it out of the way and change the water more often so it doesn't get too nasty.

Glass screens are great for bubblers, I can't say that enough.

Back
Top Bottom