Bud Box Pro XL 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m Silver or White

Grow tents with white walls got a bad reputation some years back due to some company or other producing tents that had white reflective walls that released toxic (to plants, at least) fumes.

So much so that, today, grow tents with white inner walls are very uncommon in the US. They are more common in Europe, I believe - and I believe this to be somewhat telling in terms of plant safety (as Europe in general seems to have more stringent consumer product safety/etc. laws than we do here in the land of corruption, scandal, and... negotiable ethics).

I'd very much prefer a grow tent with highly reflective white inner wall surfaces. After all, regardless of how small such a benefit happens to be (and it is a measurable one), it's more or less a one-time expense - while, on the other hand, we pay for our lighting (via our electric bills) each and every month. If a grower can effectively provide more light to his/her plants without having to pay more each month for that increase in illumination, well... That kind of thinking seems to me to be simple common sense, lol, right up there with "eat the fresh food before the canned food, because the former will spoil first."

I'm not going to provide a link to it, out of respect for one of our sponsors (Gorilla Grow Tents) who sells the same type of products, but have you checked out the HOMEbox website? They appear to be one of the few companies that still offer white (and have, AfaIK, for 17 years). It looks like they even call their inner tent material "PAR+," lol:
PAR+

(Photosynthetically Active Radiation) is our super reflective lining, deleveloped exclusively for HOMEbox®. PAR+ is a “smart material” which reflects more plant-usable energy (PAR light) and less heat at your plants.

They have an extensive (for this product type) product line, seem to be built to a quality standard, and have some (IMHO) rather interesting designs - including some non-rectangular models. I am about as far from "fashion-conscious" as a person can get, lol, but even I can see the appeal of a grow tent that fits a person's space.

DISCLAIMER: I have only seen their products via the Internet, and have not had the opportunity to try them for myself.

Back
Top Bottom