Lighting upgrade advice

Curiousnoob

Hello peoples,
Looking for some advice if possible. My current system 600w phillips T son HPS in a cool tube running a lumatek digital ballast in a 1.45m x 1.45m x 2m seahawk tent can-lite carbon filter 150mm max fan pro 2 speed, 150 cultiv8 intake fan.
Now I know this light would be sufficient for a 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m but for the 1.45m I'm finding it is just not enough oomph. Now my question is should I purchase another 600w Hps with cool tube and lumatek ballast or should I purchase 2 x 400w (800w) globes and a lumatek ballast as the lumatek ballast runs 400w and 600w globes? Would the 2 x 600 (1200w) be to much? Don't really want to run a one 600w and one 400w either.
Really appreciate any advice, cheers.

I had a 250 wat HPS. I only grew one time with it back in 2007. Then I became a fire fighter and in 12 had otj injury. I have been on every pain med and finally a friend had suggested mj in 16 then grown out side then this is my first grow inside with led. And man it is a pain in the a figureing all this out .i just basically threw the seeds out side and just gave it water. As u can see I am very medicated right now. I.E run on sentences and my how life story. Long story short I can not compare right now cause I have not seen the difference in the outcome. But I can say this. Somparing the lend to hps, cannibus plants seem to be a lot more sensitive to it. Meaning hps. Set it and forget it , adjust as needed niche wise. Led is inches, and veg/ bloom dimmer. In other words needs more attention.

Hehe, all good I was thinking it would be a little more involved. I have only just started myself, due to high prices of mj, depression and anxiety. I am into my second grow now. Think i might keep with the hps, maybe add a mh during vege, until i get a little more experienced. I'm still growing the same strain until I get it down pat. I don't have alot of time to spend on my ladies as my main lady gets a little jealous, lol.
Your grow looks cool, will be tagging along for sure. :goodluck:

You might have heat issues with two 600 Watt HID lights in that tent. Another option I would look at is T5 side lighting. You could put a few tubes around the perimeter of the tent. This could be done with cheap LED's as well but I'm partial to T5 for the low heat and coverage.

I did a bit of digging on this
I found several angry and quite detailed negative reviews on this product
Could be trolls, but I got the impression that the people writing the reviews feel like they were duped
I mean, come on..... they're blurple. How good can they be?
Marketing can be an intoxicating motivator sometimes

Lol, that does sound pretty sweet not having to adjust the height. Also sucking less electricity would do my bill and my pocket a big favour. I'm in need of something asap, like yesterday. I don't know alot about LED lighting. I am just starting to research them now. Can you suggest some reading apart from Google, lol or recomend some suppliers. I do see that LED is fast becoming the way of the future.

Back
Top Bottom