Bud Rot and Ozone, Help!

celticseas

I've just discovered one of my plants has bud rot. My questions is, will an ozone generator kill any remaining spores spores in my tent, after I've dealt with this plant? This just sucks!
Thank you for the help,
cs

Ouch, sorry about the bud rot. I have no idea how to handle it but somewhere in the forums there should be a solution. Good luck.

Thank you for that.I'd like to know about ozone generators and if they're safe in small doses in the same room (not tent) as my plants. I hear ozone kills bud rot.

I lost almost half my last lot due to Rot/Mould thanks to some caterpillars. I found it spread too fast and even after a savage pruning I still decided to harvest 2 weeks early just to be sure.

I water cured all but the worst of the moldy bud and then made oil with it. Turned out great, I will be making more! Something to think about if it all turns to shit, water curing was a piece of piss too.

I lost almost half my last lot due to Rot/Mould thanks to some caterpillars. I found it spread too fast and even after a savage pruning I still decided to harvest 2 weeks early just to be sure.

I water cured all but the worst of the moldy bud and then made oil with it. Turned out great, I will be making more! Something to think about if it all turns to shit, water curing was a piece of piss too.

That sucks, I'm sorry. With me the wife had a house plant that had it (which I discovered later), and my plants near it a time or two. One got bud rot, an auto flower. I didn't notice it for a few days, but when I did I snipped the bud off and harvested the plant (it was close). I inspected my others which were in the same tent and I saw nothing. I sprayed them with neem oil, that was about four days ago, still nothing. The buds are now just getting dense (week 6 of flowering) so I am feeling a little shaky. I did clean the tent with bleach and have warmed up the room and added a fan, don't know what else I can do. Someone at the garden shop mentioned an ozone generator at low levels, I'd like to find out if someone has tried this. What is water curing? Can you do this with the bad bud as well or do you cut that off?

I was getting on my knees and inspecting every bud for a while there. If it looked suspect I sacrificed some trics and peeled em open a little to get a better look. In the end almost every bud had some somewhere, no thanks to the evap cooler I ran on a couple of stinkin hot days. Never do that again.

I trimmed like you but mine were alot worse than I thought, the insides of some were complete mush! The worst I threw out to be safe but I couldnt part with all of it so I water cured what I couldn't pass on and was stoked in the end. All my trim, shake etc will become oil in the future. It was a real upper, big fan! I have a serious health issue that affects my lungs and in the end I was more than confident that the oil was safe.

To water cure I just put it in a mesh bag with a dive weight on the corner in a bucket and filled it with water. Then I stuck it in an esky to keep the light out. Pulled it out morning and night to change the water and gently rinse in the bath. 7-10 days and then onto the drying rack, 24-48hrs and it was dry. You lose a lot of weight but the trics are still there so it's perfect for oil.

On close inspection I could see it so if you've looked hard and can't see any more I'd say your sweet as long as you keep tabs on it.

I'm no expert tho so this is just my opinions from my own experience.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom