ozone generation for sanitizing flowering room

growingold

I am battling powdery mildew in my flowering room I read a thread yesterday about using ozone to sanitize rooms my question would be at what levels does ozone kill mold and mildew without out harming my girls .My flower room is 14x 10 with 9 ft ceilings I am concerned that I would need to get the ozone levels to high to be any help.Does any one know what ppm would start to effect my plants and what ppm is needed for mildew.Thanks in advance for any response

sorry- don't know enough about ozone. poor air circulation is more of a cause than high humidity. home depot has several different veggie friendly sprays for pm

I believe O3 or ozone in medium to high amounts can kill your plants as well. I would try other things to get rid of your PM....lower your RH% to under 50%, use an all natural spray like SNS or look into other ways to get rid of PM like mixing milk and water in a 1:10 ratio and spraying your girls... I wouldn't use O3 anywhere near my plants in high concentration....

If u can ventilate, stand the smell, and the exhaust smell isn't a big issue for u, u can look into burning sulfer. I believe its much safer than ozone and i've heard/read of growers with great results doing so. Other than that my friend, urs may be an uphill battle. I've been there a few times and it gets tough, esp in hot weather. Be sure to clean ur room with bleach water. U may want to consider cleaning ur plastic equipment and/or parts with peroxide water. It's gentler on certain plastics than bleach. Hope this helps some. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom