Bugs in soil

So I just watered and seen these float to the surface then quickly back down. Does anybody know what they could be?? Also are they good or bad sorry for picture quality I’ll try get better ones when I get home.
E8E86D94-571D-4001-A74A-AF8E282224A9.jpeg

Hi Evergreen - I've had those little white critters infest my houseplants more than once; they are irritating to me but don't seem to do any harm
Presume you are doing an organic grow? They may even be beneficial
In a sterile tent grow though I'd still fry them in H2O2

fuzzy but lookin like springtails

they apparently feed on decaying matter and do not hurt the plants,,

i have had them all,, aargh,, these too,, annoying at the very least,, and i could not eradicate in my perpetual grow.

i eventually switched from growing in any soil medium,, i grow hempy now

soil can import so many pests into ones grow space,,

karma sent friend

thank you both. @Roy Growin yes it is organic soil and no indications of damage anywhere but wanted to make sure they are not going to hurt anything because the 25 gal pot is slam full of them.

I have them in a fair number of my houseplants as well, some for many years, I have never seen any problem I could attribute to them, so I leave them alone.

eta: I don't think they are springtails, they don't jump or move the way springtails do. They just walk around in the soil and on the sides of the pot sometimes, pretty sure they're just soil mites.

Back
Top Bottom