Building a grow box need help!

I'm gonna stick with the aerogarden for this first grow since it's so easy and it comes with nutrients... Hempy style wouldn't be a bad idea in the future... I could use my aerogarden to start em n then transplant to hempy style n then grow veggies for my sandwiches in the aerogarden :thumb:

From what iv read most people get an air stone for aerogardens... It regulates the ph doesn't it? Or something like that.. all I kno is it helps n every decent aerogarden grow iv seen has one... Also all the guides iv read on the Internet call for one... *shrugs*

I'd like to get an HPS light but I live at home n am afraid my parents will flip if there hydro bill sky rockets... I really know nothing about lighting it all confuses me... Like I seen 1000 watt hps bulbs for $30... What's the trick? Is the fixture gotta be special n is the expensive part? The ballist or w/e

I think I'm just gonna get as many watts worth of CFL as I can, since I understand them more then HPS.

But then I don't understand this about em...

Name Color temperature
(K) (Mired)
Warm/soft white ≤-3,000 ≥-333
(Bright) white 3,500 286
Cool white 4,000. 250
Daylight ≥-5,000 ≤-200

Does it matter if it's soft or bright white etc for growing?

Ultra Bright White 40W CFL Bulb | Canadian Tire

Is that a good enough bulb? If I got 2 of those

Blue Planet 23W Daylight Medium Base CFL Bulbs | Canadian Tire

Or I could get 2 packs of those (4 bulbs)

That'll put me around 170 watts n around 12000 lumens

You are going to want a mixture of the CFLS that look blue which the 40 watt one you listed are. That is what the 6500k means. you are going to want to get ones that say 2700k. those ones are a reddish lights. this will allow you to be able to provide a better color spectrum of light for the plants.

Back
Top Bottom