TbayChronic - Aerogarden + 250 Watt CFL - Nirvana Seeds Blue Mystic - 1st Grow

TBayChronic

Hey 420

I'm inviting you to be part of my first grow. I was searching around the forums n couldn't find a completed aerogarden journal or guide and I also couldn't find a Nirvana Blue Mystic strain review so I'm gonna kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I think iv finally decided I'm gonna do 2 plants instead of 1. (I hope there's enough room for the roots) The Aerogarden has 80 watts/4350 lumens and I'm buying 140-160 watts/11200 worth more of CFLs to hang around it. So around 250 watts n 15500 lumens. Since people aim for 0.5 grams a watt as a first time grower I'll be happy with 50% that 0.25 grams a watt (2 Ounces). I'm aimin for more but realistically because of my experience n root n high restriction I'll probably get around that. I'm using the aerogarden liquid nutes that come with the seed kits. I'm growing on tomato pepper setting and using tap water that's sat at room temp for 2-3 days. I'm going to top it and try the FIM technique. (if I fail at it, is it still work as a normal topping atleast?)
My seeds arnt here yet I'm kinda disappointed... I read reviews sayin people got em in the US in 7 days. I live in Canada n it took 7 days for me to get an email sayin there shipped n then 7 more since so far. I really need them here within 7 more days. Good thing I planned n ordered so early.

What strain is it? - Nirvanas Blue Mystic Femenized
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Predominantly Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? - Beggining of Grow
Indoor or outdoor? - Indoor
Soil or Hydro? - Aerogarden Hydro
Size of light? - 250 watts of CFL
Is it air-cooled? I guess
Temp of Room/cab? 60-75
Any Pests ? Hope not
Type and strength of ferts used? Aerogardens grow anything firt
Box? - My homemade dresser box

This is my dresser

Pictureddddd_008.jpg

So I took the drawers out and knocked out the back n bottom boards. I nailed the nails that held the backs n the sides along where the sides are attached to the front to add more strength. They were a bit loose n wobbly from bashin out the backboard. Now there strong enough to handle being taken in and out every day.

That left the sides that slide along the track n the fronts still there to close it back up.

Pictureddddd_002.jpg

The insides just a big box now. You can also see the hole I drilled in the back for the plug in stick.

Pictureddddd_004.jpg

I'm going to cut holes in the side of my dresser and attach my light proof ventilation made of 2 liter pop bottles n electrical tape. The flash is on, on my camera so it's light. It's actually really shaded even when the lights in my room are on. I'll also put something infront of it in that space between the bed n dresser to make it stealth and darker. I might make a second one but I'm gonna try just 1 for now. To make the 2L pop bottle ventilation you need 2 pop bottles. Take the first bottle and cut along the little ridge where the cylinder starts to turn into the top n bottom shapes of the bottle. If you use scissors heat it for 30 secs with ur lighter n it will just melt into it to start the cut instead of crushing it but an exacto knife works best. On one side cut Half circles out to sit the other bottle on it's side in. Since ur cuts probably won't be perfect like mine weren't, tape the other bottle on it's side in the half circles you cut along the same ridge near the bottom of the bottle you cut cut off on the last one. Then take a black marker n trace the hole ur gonna cut outa it to connect em. Take the bottles apart cut it then tape around the seam connecting them again. Then cut along the top ridge and get rid of the top. Tape the whole thing up and then tape the connection some more. I used half a roll. Cut a hole in the side of ur dresser near the bottom so it's 2-3 inch off ur floor. Connect it in with the tape, then put a fan infront of it on the inside suckin in fresh air n blowin it on your plant. there's ur 2L light proof ventilation.

Pictureddddd_012.jpg

Pictureddddd_013.jpg

Pictureddddd_014.jpg

Here's my Aerogarden in my box with the light on and off. Only problem with my dresser is it's a bit small so my Aerogarden light hood can only raise 18" instead of the full 24". I'll just train it to fit n flower it at 9 inches to give it room to double in size. If it does need 2ft I'll take the light hood off n stand it infront of it.

Pictureddddd_006.jpg

Pictureddddd_005.jpg

I'm painting the inside white for reflectivity.

Here's a picture of it in a dark room with the drawers closed n the aerogarden light on. There's a little light leak so after I paint it ima tape up the inside edges on the two bottom drawers cause I won't ever need to open them. Im not sure what I'm gonna do about the the top 2 if worse comes to worse I have to recover with a strip of tape everyday.

Pictureddddd_007.jpg

I have $140 dollars to buy the rest of my equipment Tommorow.
- heat / humidity Reader $20
- fish tank pump, hose n airstone $20
- 9" fan $20
- flat white paint 5$
- 140 - 160 watts more of cfl lights $70

Everyone's welcome to tag along. This aerogarden grows actually gonna finish n will be followed up with a strain review

TbayChronic

Re: TbayChronic - Aerogarden + 250 watt CFL - Nirvanna Seeds BLue Mystic - 1st grow

I'll be here bro...Good Luck! :thumb: You might want to check out weatherstripping at walmart that's how I sealed my light leaks when I built a stealth dresser. Worked like a charm too. I was using tape but got tired of that lol

Re: TbayChronic - Aerogarden + 250 watt CFL - Nirvanna Seeds BLue Mystic - 1st grow

Hey highflyin
Glad youll be here bro, you've been a big help gettin me started :Namaste:

My seeds arrived today! :cheer:

I didn't make it to the store today. Some stuff came up but hopefully tommorow I'll get the rest of what I need n get my seeds started.

I installed my ventilation today tho, so all the constructions done on my box.

Cant wait till tommorow

Sweet I got my lucky 7 promo order from attitude today too! Think I'll pop my auto first because I've never had an auto and I can in the veg tent and see what the hype is about...i was going to order some blue mystic but ended up with some snow white and ak48 and white castle and bubblelicious from nirvana and I got all of them during the Dec. Promo and got 15 free seeds with each order so I ordered them all seperate.

Damn that's a lot of seeds. I was kinda pissed I just missed that promo n then 3 days after I ordered my aerogarden it went on sale for $40 less... Hopefully I got better luck growin

What did nirvana send ur seeds in for the stealth shipping?

Are you doin a grow journal?

Sorry bro can't discuss how it was received from the factory...but yea I do have alotta beans now papaya, bubblelicious, ak48, white castle, snow white, aurora Indica, super lemon haze, trainwreck, kalashnikova, big bang, the church, super bud, pink plant, monster, og kush, veneno, blueberry gum, fruity chronic juice, northern lights x big bud, Mk ultra, bubba 76, hobbit auto, cheese, pineapple express. White widow. White rhino. Ladyburn 1974, blue widow, powerkush, diesel plus like 4 packs of 15 mystery from nirvana...no I don't have a journal because I don't have internet at my new house so I only get on here with my phone but maybe one day

Nice... I really wanna get some trainwreck n super lemon haze seeds

I got 2 Seeds germinating between paper towel tonite

2 paper towel on bottom one ontop with a plate on bottom n top... I used warm to the touch water

Checked my seeds today, there both cracked. so I put a few drops of water on them n put them back. Should be ready to go tommorow.

Check this, I went to wallmart sears n zellers and non of them had a little fan. That's crazy. N I bought 4 26watt 2700 cfl bulbs n 4 26watt 6500 cfl bulbs... I couldnt find a decent fixture for them at any place... The cheap 6 dollar lamps only take 13watt n I didn't want to pay $30+ a lamp.

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap fixtures to plug my 4-8 26 watt cfl light bulbs into on the net? Is there such thing as fixture that's just the piece where the light bulb is screwed into on a lamp attached to a cord only? (if that makes sense)

Non of the stores had an emergency blanket either so unfortunately I'm usin tin foil.

You should checked out the flat white paint in the arts n crafts at WalMart that's alot better then tinfoil 1.96 a bottle and since its winter alot of places won't really have fans on sale you can try lowes but the WalMart website probably has them they just don't have them out in the store and idk about the lighting situation bro when I used cfls I made a DIY PVC fixture but it wasn't cheap because the rubberized sockets I used were almost $4 each and then you have to buy the pipe and fittings...maybe get the little adapters from lowes idk if WalMart has them its a light socket that plugs into an electrical outlet get 8 of those and use 2 surge protectors as a fixtures that's probably your cheapest way unless you can shop around at thrift stores for bathroom vanity fixtures do you drive?

Ya I probably shoulda painted it white but owell.

I found a 12" fan that fits nicely in my box n when I checked my seeds this mourning, the tap roots were 1/8". Later today around noon they should be 1/4" n goin into the aerogarden.

*shrugs* there only gonna be 18" max but I'm aiming for 16"... I should be able to get atleast an ounce off each plant no prob

Thanks likebike

Just put the seeds in the aerogarden. I sliced a slit in the sponge n put the seed so the top was just even with breaking the surface with the tap root pointed down.

Keeping the temp between 70-75 (except for last 2 weeks where I'll have it 60-65 to try and achieve blue buds). The humidity is reading "lo.%" which I think means under 10 cause it normally shows a number. Not sure what % its supose to be.

I found a big fan too.:thumb:

Pictureddddd.jpg

I guess I'll start feeding them the aerogarden nutes when there an inch tall n I have to take the domes off.

Why cause of the size of the plants? I'm goIng to have 293 watts

Because of a few things actually...the first being it sounds like your first grow...2nd the size of the plants...3rd the restrictive size of the aerogarden for the root mass and its not about watts its about PAR but we go off lumens for the most part because that's easier to measure...4th you won't have 100% of those 293 watts on the plants due to reflectivity inside your box aluminum foil is crap brother its only about 30 to 60 percent reflective depending on which side you have facing the plants and how smooth or crinkled it is and it raises temps...how are you going to be positioning your cfls? If it were me I'd do some lst to keep them short and let them bush out and put cfls all around them and a few around the top so you can maximize your space and let the bottoms develop good then you may get an oz each dried...either way good luck to you

That's the plan. I'm gonna top/FIM and do some LST n place the lights surrounding it to hit all bud sights well.

My humidity is only 21%. Is that bad?

Yea that's kinda sucky brother you can add like a little bowl with water or wet wash clothes to raise humidity aim for around 40 or 50% or more if you can

I put my juice jug of water for refilling my aerogarden in there and a soaking wet paper towl... I'll wait n see if it gets higher. Would running my fan less instead of 24/7 help it rise too?

Back
Top Bottom