Nonamebrand's Aerogarden - Auto Fem Dwarf Lowflyer - 2016

Day 61 lights went out at 10AM 48hrs until harvest!

The flush:
The res PPMs did rise slightly after the Florakleen circulated for a bit from 38 up to 50 . I then ran 48hrs of straight RO water (RO PPM 3 once is res went to 15PPM) then did 24hrs of florkleen 1.5tsp in 1 gal of RO water PPM 25-30 and this morning went back to straight RO water which once in the res was 7-12PPM.

Break down:
Day 1: 1tsp Florakleen with 1gal water PPM 38-50
Day 2-3: RO water PPM 15
Day 4: 1.5tsp Florkleen with 1gal water PPM 25-30
Day 5: RO water PPM 7-12 Lights out
Day 6: RO water
Day 7: harvest

Some of the plants leaves have started to yellow and degrade all around. I feel like this flush will be more than sufficient. I will leave the room closed and in total darkness for the 48hrs. I topped up the res and will let it empty over the 48hr period; the plants will probably drink a good portion of the 1 gallon res. I have removed all sources of water and water containers from the room and the humidity has been 50-58.

I hope to see a positive outcome from this experience. It almost seems somewhat foolish to me to do this as the plants have been doing well as is and I would be happy to harvest them as is but i figured I'd give it a shot and see if the outcome is noticeable. My biggest fear (probably from doing too much online reading) is bud rot/mold but I feel that the buds aren't that dense, the fans are running and the humidity although higher than I'd like isnt crazy high.

The plants have takin on a sweet wonderful aroma. My roommate came home from work yesterday walked in the door and said "This house smells like weed!". I almost burst out laughing and she probably thought I had been smoking inside the house. I was tempted to turn myself in and present the grow room but figured she still had no clue of its existence and thought I was simply smokin. I have since cracked open my second jar of ONA gel and believe the smell is masked and will remain that way through the remainder of the grow/drying. Once again if your gonna grow do it right and get a carbon filter or your parents friends neighbors or worse will smell your grow!

No pics today there should be lots come chop; I'll take CMJJMC2000's advice and try to properly orient the pics!

Day 63 Harvest Day :slide:

Well I've been working away chopping down the plants, trimming, hanging, cleaning up the equipment and making butter.

The chop:

The plants were in total darkness for approx 46 hours before harvest; I have no idea if this did anything for them or not lol. The humidity was up around 68 as it decided to be very humid outside which seemed to have affected the grow groom but everything was lookin good this morning. As mention Im not sure if the darkness did anything but it was nice to relax and not do anything with the plants for a couple days.

I brought the girls out in their res:
image_6_49.jpeg

image_5_57.jpeg

And started chopping ruby first from the top down:
image_18_4.jpeg

Top of her was first and it took me awhile to trim as I'd never done this before, I think i did an alright job:
image_17_4.jpeg

Ruby totally chopped up, I'm quite happy with he production and will report on weight once she's dry:
image_16_6.jpeg

Then onto Lulu.... Leafy Lulu, Lack luster Lulu; I should have just called her butter from the start:
image_15_9.jpeg

image_14_11.jpeg

This is it... The top wasn't bad and has an impressive odor but the rest was lacking to say the least
image_13_15.jpeg

And the two sisters yields side by side; laughable!
image_12_13.jpeg

Here are some root pictures; Lulu's on the left Ruby's on the right:
image_11_14.jpeg

image_10_15.jpeg

image_9_28.jpeg

image_8_35.jpeg

and as of now this is happening:
image_7_46.jpeg

I used decarboxylation on all the left over leaves, stalks and lulu's sorry excuses for buds which is heating the oven to 240 degrees and placing the plant material in the oven for 40 minutes. This is supposed to help the butter absorb the THC from the plants. Before the oven I had 5 ounces of scrap material after the over it came in at 1.5 ounces; so I am making 1.5lbs of butter. I have 6 cups of water, 1.5lbs of butter and 1.5 ounces of shake bubbling on the stove which I will leave for 3 hours.

So that's that! I am excited to see what my dry harvest comes in at; I think ruby did very well but we shall see. If both plants did as well as ruby I would be doing a dance about now lol.

I have the buds hanging in a dry room that is dark, 68 degrees and 60% humidity; I think they'll need 2-3 days before going into jars. I have boveda 62% packs I will place in the jars for curing. Of course I set a small bud to the side that I may try tonight but I also ended up with a small ball of resin from my chopping gloves and may just try that.

Thanks for all the congrats, much appreciated as is all the valuable info here on :420:.

After three days of hanging the buds have been moved in jars along with Boveda 62 packs. The grand total of dried bud came in at 22 grams. I feel like this isn't too bad if you consider that it was basically from 1 plant. Overall I am happy with the outcome of my first attempt and all cfl grow. I will hopefully be investing in some better lighting, carbon filter and tent for my next attempt.

The buds are not very dense, I think it looks like more than 22 grams but the scale doesn't lie!
image_5_59.jpeg

I do think they will be fairly potent as they are very sticky and appear to have decent tricome coverage.
image_6_51.jpeg

When I burp the jars I am over come by a beautiful and very sweet smelling aroma. Initially when drying it was more of a hay type smell but now it is super sweet smelling. I am having a hard time trying to compare the smell to anything, the first thing that comes to my mind is apple pie, the wife said a sweet mint so to each their own lol. I have yet to sample any smoke from these buds and will probably give a brief report on that to wrap up the journal. The cookies have worked well and I have yet to experience their full affect as I have used them to help with falling asleep and they have helped with that!

Well I guess it's time to wrap this journal up.

I've learned a lot on this grow and once again want to give a big chunk of the credit to everyone here at 420magazine.

Next grow I will:
1 - Use better lighting, I am happy to say I did a full cfl grow but know that the buds could have been much denser with better lighting.
2 - Use a better grow space. I spent a lot of time with the plants and working in a cramped space made it less enjoyable and harder to monitor the plants closely. I will probably invest in a tent.
3 - Better odor control. I have to give some props to ONA Gel as it works but it is far from perfect. With the amount of money spent on ONA a fan and filter will pay for itself over 3 or so grows.
4 - Be prepared! Having to order things on the fly was a bad idea. Next time I will triple check my list before germinating.

I will stick with the Aerogarden as a grow medium as I find it sufficient with the only complaint being the PH swings due to the small res. I will stick with foxfarm nutrients, mostly because I have enough left for at least one more grow and I feel that they did a good job.

The dwarf low flyer strain was fun to work with and it seemed rather resilient. The potency seems higher than what is advertised and I am interested to try an Auto AK47 next grow to compare potency as the AK47 is supposed to be up to twice as strong.

I'm not sure when the next grow will happen and I may not do a journal but I will continue to look for this site for information and do my best to contribute and encourage others who choose to grow.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Well I guess it's time to wrap this journal up.

I've learned a lot on this grow and once again want to give a big chunk of the credit to everyone here at 420magazine.

Next grow I will:
1 - Use better lighting, I am happy to say I did a full cfl grow but know that the buds could have been much denser with better lighting.
2 - Use a better grow space. I spent a lot of time with the plants and working in a cramped space made it less enjoyable and harder to monitor the plants closely. I will probably invest in a tent.
3 - Better odor control. I have to give some props to ONA Gel as it works but it is far from perfect. With the amount of money spent on ONA a fan and filter will pay for itself over 3 or so grows.
4 - Be prepared! Having to order things on the fly was a bad idea. Next time I will triple check my list before germinating.

I will stick with the Aerogarden as a grow medium as I find it sufficient with the only complaint being the PH swings due to the small res. I will stick with foxfarm nutrients, mostly because I have enough left for at least one more grow and I feel that they did a good job.

The dwarf low flyer strain was fun to work with and it seemed rather resilient. The potency seems higher than what is advertised and I am interested to try an Auto AK47 next grow to compare potency as the AK47 is supposed to be up to twice as strong.

I'm not sure when the next grow will happen and I may not do a journal but I will continue to look for this site for information and do my best to contribute and encourage others who choose to grow.

Any plans to get that second grow up?

Back
Top Bottom