Chilled Aerogardens & Mars Hydro Reflector - 3rd Grow - Critical+ Auto & Med Gom 1.0

Re: Chilled Aerogardens & Mars Hydro Reflector - 3rd Grow - Critical+ Auto & Med Gom

Not a thread jack but I wanted to post a quick pic from my first grow attempt since it's your journals that mainly convinced me that I could be successful as well!

420-magazine-mobile1095194268.jpg

This is Blueberry Kush from Nirvana Seeds grown in my aeroponic system, 13 days from seed and looking strong! Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looking great! Do you have a grow journal I can check out?

Re: Chilled Aerogardens & Mars Hydro Reflector - 3rd Grow - Critical+ Auto & Med Gom

Looking great! Do you have a grow journal I can check out?

No journal sadly, I'm tracking my data well enough to probably post one but I'm too busy with work to do a journal any real justice. I just wanted to pop by and show you that your work is appreciated and has been a great source of info for me!

On a side note did you see the new line of Aerogardens that just came out? First thing I thought of when I saw them was you putting one into action!

No journal sadly, I'm tracking my data well enough to probably post one but I'm too busy with work to do a journal any real justice. I just wanted to pop by and show you that your work is appreciated and has been a great source of info for me!

On a side note did you see the new line of Aerogardens that just came out? First thing I thought of when I saw them was you putting one into action!

I saw that they have a new bounty line with a really nice wi-fi controller built into it. I'm hoping they come out with a high-capacity version that has a bigger reservoir. If they made one with a 2 gallon deep reservoir (same footprint, just deeper reservoir, it would be *perfect* for cannabis.

MedGom is swelling up nicely, 6" long nuggets at the top of each cola and about 2" wide at the fattest point with TONS of 2-3" nuggets too. Critical+ is still filling in, but she's going to have some very long nuggets on the main cola areas. If they continue to fill in at the current pace, possibly 10+ inches of bud on each of the main colas.

IMG_418111.JPG
IMG_418212.JPG
IMG_419110.JPG

Big day today, 8 weeks above ground for both girls! Also another thing to celebrate, I went out of town for 4 full days and the system did fine all on its own - nobody here to add water, nutrients, etc. I added both AeroVoir (1 gallon auto-top off jugs) systems back into the tent before I left. I also added in about an extra quart to each Aerogarden beyond the "fill to here" area. I had timed this out last week and figured each Aerogarden should be 1/2 to 3/4 full when I got home. Well, they were both 3/4 full when I got home. I also adjusted the pumps to be on for 1 minute and off for 14 in order to keep the reservoirs extra cool and hopefully lower plant temps and decrease perspiration through the leaves. Had A/C dropped down to 73, as well. They'd been snacking on nute soup the whole time and have certainly matured well!

Med Gom 1.0 is pretty much ready to chop, she's at nearly 100% cloudy on the bud trichomes. The outer sugar leaves are showing about 50/50 clear to cloudy. No amber anywhere. I'd like to wait until I can see some amber before chopping so I'll let her keep going. Her main bud sites are about the same diameter as my closed fist. All pistils are still white (which really means nothing) so if she keeps stacking on new calyx's and the trichomes aren't going all amber on me then she can take as long as she'd like.

Critical+ Auto REALLY filled in while I was out. I really like her bud to leaf ratio. Fan leaves are maintaining an even canopy and should make trimming the main colas a breeze when she's ready to chop - I'm guessing 2 more weeks.

I added in fresh nutes today, same schedule as last feeding but I added in Overdrive for the Critical+.

IMG_43579.JPG
IMG_436010.JPG
IMG_43618.JPG
IMG_436210.JPG
IMG_436312.JPG
IMG_43646.JPG
IMG_436611.JPG
IMG_43689.JPG

Quick update - Med Gom's sugar leaves close to the bud are showing 100% cloudy, will snip a small piece of bud tonight and check for any signs of amber. If I see any, I'm dumping her reservoir, replacing with RO water and adding in Flawless Finish for 24-48 hours and then chopping.

Critical+ Auto is responding VERY well to the addition of Overdrive. I've now got 12" long nuggets on about 6 of the main colas, with a few others having just very small open spaces. The swell is happening quickly and she's still flowering, too, so I'm hoping the next week will be most impressive with regard to bud growth.

Buds on both plants are hard as a rock and definitely pass the look, smell and touch test.

Surprise - Amber off to the right! I had to hold the camera up to the lens of the microscope, so my apologies for the lousy narrow field picture. On this small piece of bud it appears to be about 5-10% amber. Reservoir drained on Med Gom 1.0 and flawless finish has been added in along with some 4ppm RO water.

IMG_43839.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^

For all of the articles that say that you can't grow good product, or can't grow at all, in an Aerogarden...............3ft tall Med Gom 1.0 on the left, expected dry yield 1.5-2 zip with 2.5ft tall Critical+ Auto on the right, expected dry yield 1.5-2 zip.

Med Gom 1.0 received a bit of a haircut tonight. I cut down the 4 center-most cola's even with the canopy. The buds were ready on those sections - per trich viewing under microscope - and the lowers could use some more time to mature. I am blown away. The dry yield from just these 4 cola's will probably end up being close to 1.5zip. I really underestimated the size and density. After handling them and trimming them - they're ROCK hard, as well - I was able to see the true product and I can't believe it. Most successful grow with this strain to date. I have at least another 1.5zip left on outer cola's and the lower buds. I'll chop the remaining 4 outer cola's tomorrow and leave the lower half of the plant to mature another week. I'll get some better scale pics tomorrow, but the main heads on each cola are about 2.5" in diameter and between 6-8" long.

IMG_44047.JPG
IMG_44057.JPG
IMG_440611.JPG
IMG_44088.JPG
IMG_44098.JPG
IMG_44107.JPG
IMG_44125.JPG
IMG_44148.JPG

I trimmed the last of the tops on Med Gom today - now she's all evened out at canopy level. I figure that a few days more should allow enough time for the trich's on these lower buds to catch up. They're almost all chicken-nugget sized, and there's probably about 50 of them left. I've got the rest of the tops drying - 9 big ole cola tops.

IMG_44197.JPG
IMG_44186.JPG

Nice work:goodjob: Looks like we have similar interests with autos in hydro...just got an Amazon aeroponics system to run some dwarf autos in

Right on! Which one did you go with?

My first grow was with Dwarf Low Flyer (pass on that strain, if you haven't already) but I have some Kera Dwarf Auto seeds and would be willing to run that strain in the future - would probably do 2 dwarfs per Aerogarden. Which dwarf strains are you planning on growing?

Back
Top Bottom