Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LED

Re: Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LE

7 weeks above ground today! On my last grow, Dwarf Low Flyer, I was getting ready to flush at this point. Definitely not there on this go-around. The plants look great, all parameters were solid today.

IMG_353513.JPG

Med Gom depleted all nutes from the reservoir, only thing left was about 200ppm's of salts from the PH adjustments. I dosed her back up to 980ppm. PH is at 5.7. Main change-up in the nutes is that I added in Overdrive (2/3 dose) and removed Big Bud. Sensi Bloom A+B and B-52 were at half doses. Bud Factor X and Bud Candy were are 3/4 doses. The buds are looking so nice. Lots of sugar coating on the leaves and the flowers. I pulled off about 5 fans/suckers towards the upper parts of the plant that were blocking off areas beneath. The buds are nice and dense, too. No whispy's buds here! Should be about 2 more weeks for her.

IMG_352910.JPG

Massive Midget also depleted all nutes in the reservoir and was only left with about 125ppm's in salts from PH additives, as well. I dosed her up using the same ratios as the Med Gom, but I'm still using Big Bud with this plant and no overdrive. She's up to 940ppm now. PH is at 5.8. Flowers are more like buds now. The bud sites are so close to each other, in most areas about 1" or less. Can't wait to watch these fill in. I'm hoping that I'll be chopping her in 3 weeks, so cheers to that.

IMG_353212.JPG

Re: Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LE

50 days above ground. All is well in the tent. With it being the weekend, I had plenty of time to admire my work and take in the sights and smells of the girls.

IMG_354712.JPG

I'm thinking that the Med Gom will definitely be choppable in 2 weeks. The trichomes are frosting the hell out of her leaves. I'm so impressed with this plant. I can't wait to test out some of this CBD heavy bud and see what it's all about. Her smell has matured from just skunky to pine+skunk+a hint of citrus. PPM's are at 840, so about a 140ppm pull from last night. Took in about 1/3 gallon of water today.

IMG_35528.JPG
IMG_355410.JPG
IMG_355512.JPG
IMG_35448.JPG
IMG_35499.JPG

Massive Midget pulled in a little over 100ppm, sitting at 790 right now. PH is back to drifting in the right direction (up) now that the nutes are at a higher level. Bud sites are looking good, small size increase from yesterday. The resin glands at the nodes are beyond swollen, much larger than what's on the Med Gom. Leaves are starting to get a light sugar coating as the trichomes proliferate around the bud. She's starting to give off a nice citrus-like smell with a sweet undertone.

IMG_35469.JPG
IMG_355610.JPG
IMG_354812.JPG

Keep up the good work, I actually joined this forum specifically because I wanted to follow and comment on your grow as it is very similar to what I have planned for personal use.

Awesome! I'm happy to help. If any questions come up, about the setup or the specifics of the plant, just let me know. What are you planning on doing?

I'm interested to hear about the CBD smoke report. I've been so wanting to try some but my dispensary never has any higher CBD strains in flower..may have to fix that problem for myself lol

I'm really excited to test this strain out, too. The smell is just awesome and the buds are rock hard. I wish I had a way to home-test the CBD content without having to send it off to a lab. I really think that with the significant funding that's starting to flow into cannabis research, that CBD might be proven to be one of the biggest medical discoveries of our time.

My area just got it's first dispensary fairly recently, but the provisions for obtaining it are quite limited at the moment. In another year or 2, I'm optimistic that the political environment will be more friendly for those of us that seek an alternative to lab-made medicine.

Awesome! I'm happy to help. If any questions come up, about the setup or the specifics of the plant, just let me know. What are you planning on doing?

This will actually be my first grow when I do finally get started, I go on a trip starting this weekend so it'll have to wait till I get back.

But yeah I've been thinking about doing something extremely similar to what you've already got going for some time. The aeroponics thing really intrigues me as it seems fairly easy to do and low maintenance to boot; I work crazy hours so efficiency of time is of the essence. Basically I've been researching the feasibility of an Aerogarden grow but modified like what you're doing with a much larger LED rather than the standard 45w LED that comes with the kit, and now that I've seen it in action I'm really spurred to try it on soon. I actually have some autos en route that should arrive when I get back, I figure autos really lend themselves to this sort of grow environment being that they're compact and have a ~2 month seed to harvest time span. I'll probably end up doing this in a large cabinet for the stealth factor rather than a grow tent though, that'll probably be the main difference. Meantime carry on as I'll be following you to see your progress!

This will actually be my first grow when I do finally get started, I go on a trip starting this weekend so it'll have to wait till I get back.

But yeah I've been thinking about doing something extremely similar to what you've already got going for some time. The aeroponics thing really intrigues me as it seems fairly easy to do and low maintenance to boot; I work crazy hours so efficiency of time is of the essence. Basically I've been researching the feasibility of an Aerogarden grow but modified like what you're doing with a much larger LED rather than the standard 45w LED that comes with the kit, and now that I've seen it in action I'm really spurred to try it on soon. I actually have some autos en route that should arrive when I get back, I figure autos really lend themselves to this sort of grow environment being that they're compact and have a ~2 month seed to harvest time span. I'll probably end up doing this in a large cabinet for the stealth factor rather than a grow tent though, that'll probably be the main difference. Meantime carry on as I'll be following you to see your progress!

It sounds like you're heading in the right direction. I have no plans to grow photoperiod plants, since autoflowers bring a lot to the table these days - and in a much shorter period. I read so much Aerogarden bashing online, but just looking at the specs and having that chiller on hand, I knew that I could make a capable system that would grow top-notch plants.

If I can give one piece of advice, add 2 weeks onto whatever the seed sites say the harvest time is.

52 days above ground. All is good in tent-land. Both plants are undergoing impressive change on a daily basis. I wish I had a time-lapse camera in there, maybe I'll add that in on my next journal. I've already been narrowing down my selection for the next grow. There will be some minor improvements to the setup of the Aerogarden and also I'm hoping to add in another Mars Hydro Reflector 48. Having an additional light be placed into the center should add some nice side coverage for both future plants.

IMG_358211.JPG

Added in 1/4 gallon of 5ppm RO water to the Med Gom. She is sitting at 725ppm. After I changed her reservoir water on Sunday morning and upped the dose, PPM's for her were at 1020. That's about 330ppm in a little more than 24hrs. Not too shabby! Overdrive seems to be in full effect right now. Buds are filling up and out.

IMG_35729.JPG
IMG_357415.JPG
IMG_357611.JPG
IMG_357710.JPG
IMG_357812.JPG

Added in a little over 1/4 gallon of 5ppm RO water to top off the Massive Midget. She was dosed up to about 900ppm on Sunday morning. She's currently at 525ppm, a 375ppm drop - beast mode! I check out my plants in detail every night and noticed something unreal today. Practically overnight, her resin glands (the ones right at each node) exploded in size and are now blanketed with huge trichomes. The tops of the sugar leaves are starting to get frosty but not nearly as much as what's going on under the leaves and on the growing buds. Should make for a nice smoke!

IMG_356414.JPG
IMG_356612.JPG
IMG_356912.JPG
IMG_357117.JPG
IMG_35796.JPG

53 days above ground. Plants and parameters are looking good.

IMG_359111.JPG
IMG_359912.JPG

After a 1/4 gallon top off, Med Gom is sitting at 620ppm. I added in an extra 50ppm of Sensi Cal Mag Xtra afterwards. PH was stable this morning and afternoon, consuming nutes and water at the same rate makes my life easier. Buds are looking nice and smelling great. This is such a good time period in the flowering cycle. Since the plant is maxed out, from a height standpoint, the only new growth each day is happening with the buds. I love seeing the growth from day to day, so interesting.

IMG_358810.JPG
IMG_359410.JPG
IMG_360013.JPG
IMG_36028.JPG

Massive Midget had a slow day. She's at 480ppm, so about 45ppm's from last night. Also did about 1/2 gallon of water. I'm getting a downward PH drift on her, which is strange. I set the PH at 6.0 tonight and will let it drift down overnight. Hopefully it won't be any lower than 5.5 in the morning. Anyhow, her daily growth at the bud sites is impressive. If the buds fill out as nicely as the Med Gom's are, then this will be one very high yielding plant.

IMG_359012.JPG
IMG_359811.JPG
IMG_360313.JPG

Just a quick update, PH is still drifting down - about .5 (that's huge) every 12 hours. The plants must be dumping ions for some reason - both of them. The other possibility is the natural decay of dead roots. Since the root masses on each of these plants is larger than BOTH of the previously grown Dwarf Low Flyer's, the effect of the decay (release of acidic compounds) is probably much greater than I experience in the past. Roots appear healthy and the coloration is good. No goop/sludge in the reservoir. For the first time ever, I'm adding in Piranha from Advanced Nutrients. I did 4ml per reservoir (1ml per liter). Tomorrow, I'll add in Tarantula.

Back
Top Bottom