Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LED

Re: Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LE

To the watchers, thanks for tuning in. If any questions come up, just let me know!

Day 39 above ground today. I did adjust PH back up on the MM before work and after work today. PPM's went down slightly, which makes me feel better. Flowers are almost fully opened on the MM, too, so it seems like that plant is back on track after about a 48hr period of nute lockout from PH. I did some very light defoliation on the MM, plucked out about 3 fans off of side stems.
The MG is kicking butt. I raised the light another 3" today, it's just growing *so* fast. flowers are bulking up and turning into buds quickly. I took advantage of the fact that she's ahead of schedule and decided to defoliate the bottom 1/3 of the plant. Also removed all fan leaves from the main stem and a few other very small bud sites growing towards the bottom of the plant.

Both plants should be ready for fresh nutes tomorrow. The Bud Ignitor is going to be discontinued (I'm on week 3 of flower now) and the B-52 will be added back into the mix. I love these AN nutes, the plants really seem to respond well to them - the MG much more so than the MM.

IMG_344214.JPG
IMG_344314.JPG
IMG_34449.JPG
IMG_344514.JPG

Re: Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LE

40 days!!!! More than halfway there, now. Kind of an unimpressive day, as expected from last nights defoliation neither plant took in much from a PPM standpoint. PH was good on both units. Temp has been a max of 79F and a low of 73F on both units for the last week. Reservoir temperature is regulated at between 69.5F and 70.5F, which makes me feel better about the temps getting close to 80F. It's close to 100F outside and this office has curtains that still let in a good bit of sunlight. I'll fix this on the next go around. I'll also be exhausting up into the ceiling on my next project instead of just dumping the warm air back into the room.

Flowers are fully opened on the MM at all bud sites.

Flowers on the MG have turned into gumball sized nuggets and are expanding nicely!

The MM and the MG couldn't be a bigger contrast to each other; short and fat vs. tall and lanky, not very hungry vs. ravenous apetite, dark green leaves vs. light green leaves. The only real similarity in growing preferences is that they're both taking in a little over 1/4 gallon of water each, daily.

I'm getting some good experience from this and am glad I decided to document this second grow. It's already helped me out a few times looking back to see where I was from a nute intake standpoint a week ago vs today, what the humidity level was at vs. how much water was taken in, etc.

IMG_344611.JPG
IMG_344711.JPG
IMG_344812.JPG

41 days above ground, tomorrow will make 6 weeks. Both of these should be ready to chop in about 4 more weeks, I'd think. Maybe 3 for the Med Gom. Tent conditions were ideal today, max temp was 76F with humidity at 55%. Reservoir temp is staying perfect, thanks to the chillers. I might drop them down to 68F to keep the reservoir, roots, and the bulk of the main stem just a bit cooler as we hit these last few weeks of summer and the super-heat and humidity that comes with.

Both plants pulled in about 100ppm. I'll take this as a sign that the light defoliation didn't piss them off too much - so I pulled about 3 more fan leaves off of side stems on the Med Gom 1.0. I pulled off about 10 fans from the Massive Midget, all of which were hidden on the lower parts of the plant and not even visible without lifting up the bottom layer of the outer leaves. Those leaves won't be missed, they were getting absolutely zero light. I'll probably do the same ammount tomorrow but on the bottom outer layer, since that part of the plant gets zero light, as well.

Flowers on the MG are bulking up fast, it's really cool and the change is noticeable - to me - each day.

Flowers on the MM are small, but it's a start, and they're all wide open and getting slightly more bulk each day. There are significantly more *main* bud sites on the MM than on the MG. I see the potential for some nice looking mini-cola's on these side stems.

IMG_34498.JPG
IMG_34509.JPG
IMG_345110.JPG
IMG_34525.JPG

6 weeks above ground today - 42 days! Woot!

Growth on both plants has been impressive today. PPM intake on both plants was solid today. MG is sitting at 470 and the MM is sitting at 350 - about 150 per plant. I'm sure by Monday they'll be recovered enough from the defoliation to be pulling in about 300ppm per day, or more.

The Massive Midget took off today, the main bud sites grew nearly 2" from last night. Finally starting to stretch up a bit! Buds are filling in nicely at all sites.

Med Gom is a beast. This plant seems to be on steroids, seriously. The buds are getting noticeably larger each day. The roots are so full on the right side of that plants Aerogarden, they're actually coming up into the air and looping themselves into some of the empty grow cups. The roots have spread all of the way over to the left side as well. Can't wait to show y'all the root ball on this one once I chop.

Last bit of maintenance, I dropped the reservoir temp down to 68F.

IMG_34567.JPG
IMG_34578.JPG
IMG_34589.JPG
IMG_34596.JPG
IMG_34619.JPG
IMG_346211.JPG

43 days above ground today.

The Massive Midget had pulled in about 200ppm since last night, so I went ahead and dosed it back up to 775ppm. I'm going to be pretty hands off with her until the buds get about 2-3 times larger than they are now. When that happens, though, big defoliation coming. This plant is one dense bush. The main colas are stretching out nicely, probably about another 1" from yesterday. She's a hair over 13" tall right now and about 18" wide. I'm expecting her to stretch at least another 5" up. It's hard to predict yield right now, since so much of the plant is obscured by suckers and fans. I'll have that fixed next weekend, most likely.

The Med Gom only pulled in about 75ppm, probably due to the defoliation efforts this morning. I have pinched off about 25 fans/suckers today. She's in at least the 3rd week of *true* flowering, so it's time. All bud sites are getting significantly more light now. Sugar leaves are looking like sugar leaves and the buds are fattening up nicely and growing towards each other. Should have some really nice nuggets at the top of each of the stems. I'm optimistic that the Med Gom will yield me at least 1 zip, possibly a good bit more depending on how she bulks up at the end. She is 26" tall right now.

The smell that pours out when I open the tent is the best thing ever - getting hit in the nose with a humid cloud of dank is quite the event to look forward to.

IMG_346612.JPG
IMG_346712.JPG
IMG_346813.JPG
IMG_346915.JPG
IMG_347012.JPG

44 days above ground. Both plants took in about 200-250ppm since last night.

The reservoir on the Med Gom was down to a very low PPM level, so I pumped out the old and poured in a 900ppm blend :) Her flowers are bulking up nicely. By next weekend, the buds will hopefully be connected on the main sites.

The Massive Midget pulled in 250ppm and is still stretching out nicely. Still very short, compared to the MG, but I have a feeling this one is going to bulk up and *wow* me a bit in a few weeks. Her flowers look good, no sugar on the leaves yet, though.

IMG_347314.JPG
IMG_347413.JPG
IMG_347515.JPG
IMG_347615.JPG
IMG_347714.JPG
IMG_347911.JPG

45 days topside today. Fantastic day for both plants. Conditions in the tent have been optimal. The chillers are in constant "on" mode and one of them reached 66F (19C) during peak temp in the house today, pretty impressive for these tiny units. I expect that when the lights go out, it may dip down to 62F, no big deal for the root zone.

Med Gom pulled in 300ppm today. Buds are getting bigger and growing closer to each other. This plant is going to fill in nicely!

IMG_348311.JPG
IMG_348415.JPG
IMG_348917.JPG
IMG_349015.JPG

Massive Midget is still reaching upwards. She looks like she stretched about an inch today. I'm waiting for the buds to get a little bigger than gumball sized before defoliation. Hopefully that will happen around Friday or Saturday so I can give it a bit of extra weekend attention.

IMG_348813.JPG

Here's some group shots....

IMG_348613.JPG
IMG_348711.JPG
IMG_349415.JPG

I also wanted to share some pics that I meant to post this weekend. This is the 4" activated carbon intake filter for the ipower fan - the filter is also the original ipower filter. After about 4 months of use, it had become ineffective. Some sort of white/greyish powder is covering most of the activated carbon. Not sure if it's dust, cannabis particulate, or something else. However, since replacing it, the smell inside of the tent is 100% contained. The fan also appears to be running at a higher RPM.

IMG_349613.JPG
IMG_349710.JPG

Did you try shaking/flipping the filter back and forth? I could of sworn I read they are reversable, granted yours was hanging flat, vlbut it could of been build up of something lol, dust?

I haven't figured out a date yet. I'll know more tomorrow. I just ordered a jewlers loop for the trichomes, so that will be the tell tale signs.

Your plants always seem to eat so damn much.my big one barely goes through 600ppm a week! I make my mix of x2 strength in 1 of the 4 gallons, giving me like 1600ppm but after dilution of those 3.75 gallons it goes to 5/600 and doesn't dip more than 200 in a week.

I haven't been running the pre-filter (filter sock) on this grow, I guess that premature wear on the filter medium is to be expected.

It sounds like my plants are taking in a lot of nutes, but if you figure that they're consuming 300ppms, diluted in about 1.25 gallons of water, then if I had the same concentration per gallon in a 5 gallon bucket (like a DWC set up) then each plant would most likely be pulling around 75PPM per day out of the overall nute soup in the 5 gallon bucket.

I'm learning more every time that I open the tent. Just like on the last grow, I get the most useful information from looking at the plants, roots and day-to-day metrics (what direction is the PH drift going, PPM intake, temp, humidity, vertical and horizontal plant growth, flower growth.

46 days above ground today. I re-implemented my morning check up starting today, which entails PH check and adjustment, PPM reading and possible humidifier adjustments. With flowers bulking up on both plants, I want to make sure my PH range stays in the sweet spot all day. Monitoring the PH and nutes at morning allows me see if there is any overnight PH drift, and if the PH drift is caused by nute intake or not. More useful data to have on hand when bumping up your nutes slowly to 100%.

IMG_351010.JPG
IMG_351311.JPG

The Med Gom's buds are bulking up quickly. Every bud site alone the main stem and main branches looks to be producing larger than popcorn sized buds. I'm getting really excited with this one. She is pulling in good nutes- reservoir is at 440ppm after adding in about 1/3 gallon of RO water @ 4 ppm. So, about 165 from last nights mark. PH is only drifting up very slightly throughout the day, from 5.8 to 6.0 - perfect range for

IMG_350412.JPG

Massive Midget got a serious haircut today. PPM intake was around 150 from last night. Probably going to be zero tomorrow from the shock, but this needed to happen. All lower lever fans/suckers are gone. The only ones remaining are on the top 2 laters, and the ones that are remaining were not blocking light from any of the lower budsites. The top 3 bud sites stretched about another 1" from last night. Buds are getting larger, but still very small right now on this one.

IMG_350211.JPG
IMG_350613.JPG

You can see the white particulate clogging up the old filter in that last picture ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Went to the local store for some outdoor gardening needs and checked out their hydroponics section. I was shocked at their Advanced Nutrients prices. About 25-40% higher cost than my current source - jeez! I don't mind paying a 10-15% premium to buy local, but for that much more they ought to come out and at least do some maintenance for me.

I like green color:cheer::goodjob:
46 days above ground today. I re-implemented my morning check up starting today, which entails PH check and adjustment, PPM reading and possible humidifier adjustments. With flowers bulking up on both plants, I want to make sure my PH range stays in the sweet spot all day. Monitoring the PH and nutes at morning allows me see if there is any overnight PH drift, and if the PH drift is caused by nute intake or not. More useful data to have on hand when bumping up your nutes slowly to 100%.

IMG_351010.JPG
IMG_351311.JPG

The Med Gom's buds are bulking up quickly. Every bud site alone the main stem and main branches looks to be producing larger than popcorn sized buds. I'm getting really excited with this one. She is pulling in good nutes- reservoir is at 440ppm after adding in about 1/3 gallon of RO water @ 4 ppm. So, about 165 from last nights mark. PH is only drifting up very slightly throughout the day, from 5.8 to 6.0 - perfect range for

IMG_350412.JPG

Massive Midget got a serious haircut today. PPM intake was around 150 from last night. Probably going to be zero tomorrow from the shock, but this needed to happen. All lower lever fans/suckers are gone. The only ones remaining are on the top 2 laters, and the ones that are remaining were not blocking light from any of the lower budsites. The top 3 bud sites stretched about another 1" from last night. Buds are getting larger, but still very small right now on this one.

IMG_350211.JPG
IMG_350613.JPG

You can see the white particulate clogging up the old filter in that last picture ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Went to the local store for some outdoor gardening needs and checked out their hydroponics section. I was shocked at their Advanced Nutrients prices. About 25-40% higher cost than my current source - jeez! I don't mind paying a 10-15% premium to buy local, but for that much more they ought to come out and at least do some maintenance for me.

I'm late to the party. I'm getting a lot of tips. My grow is about 5 weeks behind yours. Yours are way ahead of mine at the same point

Happy to help. I think the cal/mag will do your plants good. It's an essential addition when running LED's + Hydro/DWC. I'm subbed on yours and will continue to keep an eye out. Don't worry too much about timing, plants like these can have a huge range of variance due to phenotypes that express themselves after your plant starts its journey. I think this line from the Lord of the Rings is relevant, just substitute bud for wizard. Keep it up man, you'll be harvesting in no time.

47 days up. Solid day today, no surprises this morning or afternoon with regard to PH. Each reservoir drifted in the direction I had hoped it would. Temps were 79F max today with a low of 73F. Reservoir temps are at about 69F. Humidity at 38%-43% today. Both plants took in about 1/3 gallon of water today.

IMG_352111.JPG

Med Gom's buds are getting bigger each day. The ones along the main cola are now almost 100% connected for the top 6" section. If the section below it can reach high enough, it will be about a 10" bud. She was at 350ppm, which I think is about 100ppm since last night, but I added in 2.5ml of Sensi CalMag Xtra, bringing PPM up to 410ppm.

IMG_351716.JPG
IMG_351810.JPG

Massive Midget is chugging along. Still getting some stretch out of the top 3 colas. Bud sites are looking bigger today, but not quite "buds" yet. She took in about 85ppm to end up at 300ppm.

IMG_35207.JPG
IMG_35197.JPG

48 days above ground today. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks! Decent day today, from the standpoint of the parameters/metrics.

I think the MM is still recovering from the shock of being stripped of so many fans/suckers. She is down to about 220ppm, so about an 80ppm pull. Not bad considering the stress from the defoliation. The flowers on her bud sites are getting fatter, just not happening as fast as it did on the MG. I snagged stem pics on both plants, but they're vertical instead of horizontal, so my apologies for the sideways image. Here's the MM stem + overhead.....

IMG_352411.JPG
IMG_352713.JPG

The MG pulled in over 200ppm today, she's down to 202ppm. Buds are growing and expanding very quickly. Check out that top cola!!

IMG_352610.JPG
IMG_352512.JPG

The different in size of stems is unbelieveable. The MM - which is the shorter plant - has a stem that's nearly twice the circumference of the MG. The branches coming off the main stem are so fat they really can't be bent. The genetics of this plant are definitely meant to create some very heavy load bearing structures. I'm hoping this means there will be some enormous buds filling in soon.

Back
Top Bottom