Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LED

Re: Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LE

Day 23 above ground. Plants are gobbling up about 40ppm per day right now. No changes to report, just more growth!

IMG_335113.JPG
IMG_335213.JPG
IMG_335316.JPG
IMG_335414.JPG
IMG_335513.JPG
IMG_335611.JPG
IMG_335712.JPG

Re: Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LE

Day 25 above ground. Pistils are starting to shoot off at the nodes, no signs of *flowers* yet, though. Plants seemed to grow about 1" today. Nute solution was depleted in the reservoirs, so did a water change and I bumped the MM up to 365ppm and the MG to 385ppm. PH at 5.8 on both.
Root zones look good. The MM is more of a solid ball while the MG is like a sprawling spiderweb.

IMG_335911.JPG
IMG_336012.JPG
IMG_336113.JPG
IMG_336311.JPG

27 days topside. Nute intake is still about the same level, 40ppm's per day. The MG is taking off, it's growing close to an inch per day. The MM is exploding in growth at the bud sites. The stems on that plant are FAT - for the main cola and the side shoots.

Both plants have their first flowers on the tip of the main cola.

IMG_337812.JPG
IMG_337914.JPG
IMG_338011.JPG
IMG_338113.JPG

They look good,:thumb:you had everything they needed,so cool:bravo:
27 days topside. Nute intake is still about the same level, 40ppm's per day. The MG is taking off, it's growing close to an inch per day. The MM is exploding in growth at the bud sites. The stems on that plant are FAT - for the main cola and the side shoots.

Both plants have their first flowers on the tip of the main cola.

IMG_337812.JPG
IMG_337914.JPG
IMG_338011.JPG
IMG_338113.JPG

I wanted to post up some glass pics before I get into my update for the 29th day above ground. Here are 2 of my bubs (rarely smoke from any "dry" implements anymore). The large one with the chromium (green) can and large snorkel carb was picked up from a local blower about 5 years back. The more colorful one is a nice heady sidecar, made from cobalt (blue) glass and heavily fumed with a big mushroom marble and a few magnifier marbles. Both are super thick and have "group" sized bowls on them.

IMG_338714.JPG
IMG_338810.JPG
IMG_338910.JPG
IMG_339014.JPG

Now, onto the update. I did some pruning on the MM today - I pinched off 4 sets of main fan leaves that were seriously holding back growth of the bud sites. The plant is so bushy, it barely looks like anything was done. But, structurally, it's in a much better place now.

I also pinched 1 set of main fan leaves (lowest) that was getting zero light at all.

Pistils are now out at every single node on each plant. The MG has 13 main bud sites and the MM has 21. PPM intake has been about 60 per day, per plant, for the last 2 days. PH is hanging tight between 5.8 and 5.9 on both. I'm going to have to get the second Aerovoir top off jug going soon for the aerogarden with the MG in it.

IMG_339215.JPG
IMG_339315.JPG
IMG_339413.JPG
IMG_339112.JPG

May i know what is this two glass for? They look so nice,i wish i can have one.:cheer::cheer:
I wanted to post up some glass pics before I get into my update for the 29th day above ground. Here are 2 of my bubs (rarely smoke from any "dry" implements anymore). The large one with the chromium (green) can and large snorkel carb was picked up from a local blower about 5 years back. The more colorful one is a nice heady sidecar, made from cobalt (blue) glass and heavily fumed with a big mushroom marble and a few magnifier marbles. Both are super thick and have "group" sized bowls on them.

IMG_338714.JPG
IMG_338810.JPG
IMG_338910.JPG
IMG_339014.JPG

Now, onto the update. I did some pruning on the MM today - I pinched off 4 sets of main fan leaves that were seriously holding back growth of the bud sites. The plant is so bushy, it barely looks like anything was done. But, structurally, it's in a much better place now.

I also pinched 1 set of main fan leaves (lowest) that was getting zero light at all.

Pistils are now out at every single node on each plant. The MG has 13 main bud sites and the MM has 21. PPM intake has been about 60 per day, per plant, for the last 2 days. PH is hanging tight between 5.8 and 5.9 on both. I'm going to have to get the second Aerovoir top off jug going soon for the aerogarden with the MG in it.

IMG_339215.JPG
IMG_339315.JPG
IMG_339413.JPG
IMG_339112.JPG

31 days above ground today! The MG (Med Gom 1.0) seems to be a few days ahead of the MM (Massive Midget) in the flowering cycle. The MG has 1/2" and 3/4" pistils at every leaf-to-stem node. The MM mainly has pistils at the nodes on the main stalk, but has flower sites galore just waiting to open up. I have a feeling that the flower sites on both plants will fully open up and show off their stuff here in the next day or 2.

I added in flowering nutes tonight. Sensi Bloom A + B, Big Bud, Bud Ignitor, Bud Factor X and Bud Candy. Did 1/3 doses of the base nutes, 1/4 dose of the bud candy and big bud and 1/2 dose of the Bud Factor X + Bud Ignitor. PPM's on both plants are right at 515.

I have also set both Mars Hydro Reflector LED units to both switches "on" - so it's pumping out the veg and flower spectrums now.

The smell is wonderful from both plants - it's much more intense than the Dwarf Low Flyer. The MG has a very skunky smell to it. The MM has a *much* skunkier smell to it, along with some earthy and fart-like scents. Doesn't sound appealing, but it smells like what I want in my jar in another 6 weeks.

IMG_33996.JPG
IMG_34006.JPG
IMG_339811.JPG
IMG_339712.JPG

Ohhhh.....the smell......

I spent 10 minutes just sitting by the tent with the door opened so I can get a whiff of that Med Gom. Wow! That plant is in vertical take off mode right now. Grew about an inch today. The MM's side branches are growing quickly and the 2 highest ones are about 1" above the main cola. Both of these should produce nicely.

33 days above ground today. Flowering is going good with both plants. PPM's on the MG were 260 and PPM's on the MM were at 390. Decent uptake for them. They're using up about 1/4 gallon of water, per plant, each day. Humidifier is also dumping close to 1 gallon per day to keep it around the 55% mark. Once buds start to form, I'll kick that humidifier down a good bit and add the fan back in.

I dropped the chiller controllers down to 71F and will have them to about 69.5 degrees by this weekend.

I added in 2ml - total - of Sensi CalMag Xtra into the Med Gom - bringing PPM up to 350 - after topping off the reservoirs with about 1/4 gallon each. The MG is taking in nutes at a much faster pace than the MM - but no surprise there. That MG is hitting the stretch really nicely. Can't wait for the MM to catch up!

Finished everything off with PH'ing to 5.8.

IMG_34068.JPG
IMG_34077.JPG
IMG_34088.JPG
IMG_340913.JPG
IMG_341112.JPG

34 days above ground today. No big changes other than more vertical growth from the Med Gom. Flowers are all opened up on both plants now.

I did a full reservoir swap on the MG, since it's PPM's were down to 200. Kicked up the dosages of the base nutes a bit and kept all of the other AN additions at about 1/2 strength. PPM on the MG is 690 and PPM on the MM is 450. PH on the MG is at 5.7 now and PH on the MM is at 5.8. Cheers!

35 days topside today. Both plants pulled in about 300ppm since yesterday and 1/4 gallon of water each. Max temp today was 81, which is about 3 degrees too high for my comfort zone. I usually have my A/C on 76 while I'm at work, probably just need to leave the house fan on to circulate the air a bit. Anyhow, here's some pics!

IMG_341412.JPG
IMG_34157.JPG
IMG_341613.JPG
IMG_34179.JPG

36 days up today. Both plants reservoirs are getting a flush and re-dose of nutes tomorrow. PPM's on both are about 225, so by tomorrow night it will be close to zero.

MedGom is really taking off - vertically. Flowers look really nice and fat - compared to my last grow, Dwarf Low Flyer - for this early. Massive Midget is taking off in the bud site department - the satelite colas that have shot off of the main stem are nearly as thick as the main stem. I can't wait to see how this plant fills out.

I raised the light above the MG about 3", it had crept up pretty close to it overnight.

IMG_341913.JPG
IMG_34218.JPG

No topping on any of the plants, or any training. I really like the Reflector series lights, the way that the reflectors are arranged, it's basically acting as a set of focused 90 degree optics.

Day 37 update - no big news here today. I did a reservoir change on the Med Gom - it's PPM's were down to 120. Back up to 800ppm now with PH at 5.8. I believe the Massive Midget may have hit a PH lock out last night/today. PPM's were unchanged at around 225 and PH was at 5.1. I must have not waiting long enough to allow PH buffers to distribute into the reservoir. It read 5.8 but it must have settled much lower after my reading.

Flowers on the Med Gom look great. The flowers in Massive Midget are swelling up and about to fully open. This is putting the MG about 1 week ahead of the MM - which would be right based on the time to harvest provided by the breeders.

I raised up the LED over the MG another 1" tonight. Also, the Aerovoir has been removed. Once the plants go into heavy flowering mode, I'll remove the humidifier and place both Aerovoirs in the place that was being occupied by the humidifier. Until then, I'll manually add the water.

IMG_342514.JPG
IMG_342610.JPG
IMG_342711.JPG

:thumb:so you will not top them this run?
No topping on any of the plants, or any training. I really like the Reflector series lights, the way that the reflectors are arranged, it's basically acting as a set of focused 90 degree optics.

Day 37 update - no big news here today. I did a reservoir change on the Med Gom - it's PPM's were down to 120. Back up to 800ppm now with PH at 5.8. I believe the Massive Midget may have hit a PH lock out last night/today. PPM's were unchanged at around 225 and PH was at 5.1. I must have not waiting long enough to allow PH buffers to distribute into the reservoir. It read 5.8 but it must have settled much lower after my reading.

Flowers on the Med Gom look great. The flowers in Massive Midget are swelling up and about to fully open. This is putting the MG about 1 week ahead of the MM - which would be right based on the time to harvest provided by the breeders.

I raised up the LED over the MG another 1" tonight. Also, the Aerovoir has been removed. Once the plants go into heavy flowering mode, I'll remove the humidifier and place both Aerovoirs in the place that was being occupied by the humidifier. Until then, I'll manually add the water.

IMG_342514.JPG
IMG_342610.JPG
IMG_342711.JPG

38 days above ground. Made the same PH mistake with the MM last night, made sure not to duplicate it tonight. I waited an hour after making my adjustments and it's settled to 5.8. It had drifted way down and out of the sweet spot. I'll check the MM's reservoir in the morning and make sure it's in the sweet spot before I head to work. It pulled in ZERO nutes today.
The MG, however, pulled in 400ppm since last night. It's really blowing up! I'll measure tomorrow, but I believe it's well over 24". The MM is probably right at 12" but boy, the bud sites are looking heavy-duty on her.

I pulled about 5 fan leaves off of the MM tonight that were blocking growing bud sites from reaching the canopy, they were also leaves that weren't getting much light either. There's so many damn leaves on the MM that, really, it could use a serious defoliation. But, small steps at a time :)

IMG_343010.JPG
IMG_34329.JPG
IMG_343411.JPG
IMG_34358.JPG
IMG_343810.JPG
IMG_343915.JPG

Back
Top Bottom