Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LED

Re: Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LE

Nice harvest man! Looking forward to a smoke report on that one.

Thank you! Even uncured, this bud is smoother than the Dwarf Low Flyer that was fully cured for 1+ month. I've been smoking eraser-head sized bowls in my sidecar and the effect is quite nice. The high is unlike anything I've come across before (obviously). Nice manageable body high, slight head buzz, and an incredible sense of mental and physical relaxation. No paranoia or increased heart rate - like what happens if you overbake on a THC heavy strain - and the munchies have been much less intense than with THC bud, but still very much there.

Re: Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LE

67 days up today for the Massive Midget. Decent day according to all metrics and outward cues from the plant. PPM is at 430 after topping off with RO water. I had to bump PH up to 6.0 from 5.4 in order to allow it to drift back down tomorrow. This raised total PPM in the reservoir to 500 - 70ppm's from PH adjusters! I really need to start recording this so I can better determine what *real* PPM intake is each day. In theory, you could end up with a reservoir with 300ppm level and for it also be totally void of nutritional ppm's, just loaded with PH buffing salt.

Anyhow, plant is doing great. I did some sucker leaf defoliation up top to bring the canopy level even. LOTS more bud sites visible now. Daily growth is decent and noticeable.

IMG_375614.JPG
IMG_375714.JPG
IMG_375814.JPG
IMG_375916.JPG

68 days above ground for Massive Midget.

Gonna have to keep this short and sweet, I have another 14 hour day coming up tomorrow so I will probably not be doing an update tomorrow. I'm going to hold off on pics for today, as well.

Today was probably the best day, growth wise, that MM has ever had. Hugely noticeable difference in size of buds today. Looks like they're swelling and stacking nicely. Nute intake for today is 106, PPM's were at 394 after an RO top-off with PH settling right back to 5.8 so no adjustments needed today. Density of the buds is night and day from last week. They were a bit airy/wispy, now they are very dense, it's like squeezing a chunk of balsa wood. The smell for the last 3 days has been intense, as well. It's a lemon/grapefruit mix with a hint of skunk. Very exciting!

MedGom's cure is going well. I've been smoking the popcorn buds and it's fantastic - can't wait to do a full strain review/smoke report once the cure is complete and the flavors reveal themselves.

70 days above ground - 10 weeks!

Massive Midget has had a big week. Lots of swelling and - still - new flowering happening on every bud site. Calyx's are stacking and swelling out - I love it! The smell is intoxicating, I really look forward to opening the tent. PPM's were down to zero (minus PH buffing salts) so I did a reservoir change. PPM's are now at 730 with PH at 5.7. I'll see where she drifts and then possible add more nutes from there.

IMG_376814.JPG
IMG_376912.JPG

Med Gom has been jarred up for 4 days now. I'm doing 2 x daily openings of the jar to let the old air out and some fresh air in.

IMG_376517.JPG

Doing a morning update here for day 71 on the Massive Midget. I have guests staying here for the weekend, so I won't be able to get into the office much for plant maintenance. However, PPM's this morning were down to 625 after an RO top-off, so a 105ppm pull in about 12 hours. I had to drop the PH down - it had swung up to 6.3! So, PPM after the PH adjust is now back to 700. I'll try to update tonight, but it might not be possible.

Day 72 update. Going to keep it short and sweet until I can do a full update tomorrow. Massive Midget's PPM's are down to 535 and PH is at 6.0. That's 165ppm intake in 36 hours - decent. After adding PH down and adjusting down to 5.8, PPM's are at 560.

Med Gom continues to cure and smell better by the day.

73 days above ground for Massive Midget. Sad to see my guests leave but happy to return to my hobby. It really does suck having such a neat hobby (keep in mind, I'm only producing for my household, none of my harvest ever leaves this house) and not being able to share it with anyone - except behind a cloak of anonymity. My local friends that smoke have no clue, either.

PPM's were down to 490 this afternoon on Massive Midget. She'd probably be down to 460 by the usual time I do my readings but I'm about 4 hours ahead of my regular schedule today. PH was at 5.6 so I brought it up to 5.9 and will let it drift back down.

IMG_378212.JPG
IMG_378314.JPG
IMG_378415.JPG
IMG_378512.JPG
IMG_378612.JPG

Wow! She's amazingly large for a midget! :laughtwo: You figure another two weeks or so? She's changing pistil color but she's also still throwing off tons of new ones, or so it appears from here.

Do you know what the ratios are, off hand? I'm wondering if it'd be good for oil production.

I hear you on the anonymity. That's one of our most valuable community assets, the friends you can share the excitement with. I suspect that even if we were fully legal a certain percentage of us would still choose super stealth mode. We have almost a century of propaganda to overcome. That'll take a few days. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Do you know what the ratios are, off hand? I'm wondering if it'd be good for oil production.

You saying you could potentially judge a plants "ability" to produce [more] oil then most [other] plants, just by her pistil production? Is it more white to brown or when she throws more new ones before choppy? Tyia :thumb: :passitleft:

Wow! She's amazingly large for a midget! :laughtwo: You figure another two weeks or so? She's changing pistil color but she's also still throwing off tons of new ones, or so it appears from here.

I hear you on the anonymity. That's one of our most valuable community assets, the friends you can share the excitement with. I suspect that even if we were fully legal a certain percentage of us would still choose super stealth mode. We have almost a century of propaganda to overcome. That'll take a few days. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Yes, there are loads of new pistils, she's flowering quite aggressively on the 3 largest bud sites and the larger satellite sites. I'd expect at least another week, maybe 2. I'll be crossing 11 weeks this Friday, quite a far stretch from the breeders suggested time-frame. But, I'm in no rush. She's a 50/50 hybrid with 18%THC and 0.7%CBD. Extremely frosty with large trichome heads and the calyx's at each node (stem to branch connection) are insanely huge - bigger than any I've ever seen before - almost the size of a small pea. Smell is getting really intense now, too. With the office door + tent door open and the fan still running, I can smell her from downstairs.

Not sure if she'd be good for oil production, but I will tell you that the medgom would be great for it. The buds are dense and heavy, what looks like 3 grams is actually 5 grams. I'm a little over a week into the cure and the smell + taste are nice. The smoke is extremely thick/heavy, but smooth and not harsh.

75 days above ground for Massive Midget. Her reservoir is pretty much depleted of nutes, it's down to about 100ppm of nutrients and 200ppm of PH adjusters/salts. I'll be doing a reservoir swap on her tomorrow afternoon with some fresh nutes. Average PPM pull for the last 2 days is about 115ppm per day of nutrients. PH is staying in a nice range. The flowering continues, with fresh pistils on nearly every bud. I'm really in no rush to harvest, so I'll just let her grow and flower as much as she'd like.

IMG_37909.JPG
IMG_379111.JPG
IMG_379211.JPG
IMG_37939.JPG
IMG_379411.JPG

The MedGom is 10 days into curing and the smoke is starting to smell nice and skunky after the exhale. The smell of the buds is still in need of additional cure time. It still has a bit of a "fresh cut plant" smell to it, with some skunky undertones.

76 days above ground for Massive Midget today. Tomorrow will be 11 weeks, how crazy! I did a reservoir flush today and re-dosed up to 930ppm. Buds are getting bigger and I'm waiting for the new wave of white pistils to retreat and their calyx's to swell. I'll put a small piece under the microscope tomorrow night to see where we stand. I'm hoping to be able to chop next Friday, at the 12 week mark, but I'm in no rush. The buds are getting huge and the yield should be larger than the Med Gom's yield, which weighed in at about 60grams of bud, dry. No clue what the popcorn weighed - because I've smoked it all!

77 days above ground today - 11 weeks!!! - for Massive Midget. She had a big day today, pulling in nearly 250ppm's of nutrients to settle out at 690ppm in the reservoir. After dropping PH down from 6.4 to 5.8, PPM's are at 795. This might be her final "hoorah!" before chopping. My daughter misplaced (stole and hid) my pocket microscope. So, the new one will be here Sunday. Gotta be some amber trichomes on this plant. She's still swelling at almost all bud sites - and even flowering still at a few. Bizarre, to say the least. The harvest on this plant should be impressive, especially given the fact that she's only about 18" tall at the highest point. This strain would be phenomenal for a micro-grower that's looking for a very impressive yield from a very small amount of space.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow or Sunday, growth in the lower bud sites has been extremely impressive this week.

Back
Top Bottom