AK48 Feminized From Nirvana - Hydroponics Under LED & CFL

You haven't hit "day 1" yet. Once you are convinced she's flowering, add 5 days and call that Day 1. Gonna watch this one. I'm curious about the AG for kitchen greens. I gave my thoughts on your flowering on the faq page. Good luck and beautiful plant!

Man, she looks great! Such a nice green, definitely healthy and loving the setup. I just pulled 290 grams, wet, from my Aerogarden harvest. These machines can definitely grow some fine medicine. Keep at it, man, you're doing great :goodjob:

Yes you are right she is beautiful, happy and healthy. A good feeling seeing her during the day and realizing, that you are doing good.

But it's been now 16 days since I switched to 12/12 and still no pistils. Getting a little bit impatient :)

Yeagh you did a great job with your grow. Learned a lot from you. After this I might consider to go back to autoflowers.

Update Day 17 from switching to 12/12 + 4 weeks veg.

I think I should call today first day of flowering but will keep going as "Day xx from switching to 12/12"

It took forever for her to transition to flowering stage but I think I will be rewarded with the outcome. During the 17 days she got bigger and bigger.

PPM is around 550 and PH always between 5.5-6.5 trying to maintain around 5.8. She started to drink almost half of the reservoir everyday which is half gallon of water. Need to fill it up everyday.

Here some pictures. I hope I'm not wrong with the flowering season :)

IMG_58704.jpg
IMG_58725.jpg
IMG_58738.jpg
IMG_58767.jpg
IMG_58779.jpg

Update Day 21 from switching to 12/12 + 4 weeks veg

Pistils are coming... I see some yellowing and brown spots on both lower and top leaves. I don't know why... It makes more sense as a deficiency but couldn't put my finger on it. Any ideas? I'm using GH Flora Series as nutrients. And following their chart. PPM is around 450 and today actually I wanna change the water any ideas how I should feed her?

My LED light Mars Reflector 48 distance to top of the plant was 14". I raised it to 16-18". Maybe it's a light burn?

I definitely have no idea. Here some pics...

IMG_593110.jpg
IMG_59485.jpg
IMG_59368.jpg
IMG_59337.jpg
IMG_59379.jpg
IMG_59405.jpg
IMG_59462.jpg

Update Day 26 from switching to 12/12 + 4 weeks veg

I introduced 1 teaspoon cal/mag and added an extra 5ml. of Flora Bloom for Potassium. I read that my slow bud grow maybe related to potassium deficiency. She is still growing but very slow. I think I did not good with Fem. seeds. Next grow I will go back to Auto :(

PH: 5.92 PPM: 662 (She is eating around 100-140PPM Every day)

Here some pictures.

IMG_60336.jpg
IMG_60353.jpg
IMG_60371.jpg
IMG_60384.jpg
IMG_60423.jpg
IMG_60413.jpg

I hope yours will not take as long as mine... Are you also growing with DWC?
Yes. Its very small though. This is my first ever grow. I have to say I'm impressed by the heartiness of the strain. I tried just about every way to kill them with ignorance and they're still going strong. I'll get a journal going probably Monday so everyone can point and laugh. :)

I think I did not good with Fem. seeds. Next grow I will go back to Auto :(

Dont get discouraged brother. Ive never grown anything but photos until recently( im trying out an auto i got as a freebie) and there is a learning process that you need to go through. My auto is not acting at all the way i thought it would and it is going to be a small harvest but i will take what i learned and fix the mistakes on the next auto i pop. Same with fems. First grow was so-so, second grow i screwed up terribly but this time im getting it down pretty good. Still made some mistakes but those will be eradicated next time and so on and so on until i am dialed in where i want to be. Roll with the punches and keep on keeping on man.

Dont get discouraged brother. Ive never grown anything but photos until recently( im trying out an auto i got as a freebie) and there is a learning process that you need to go through. My auto is not acting at all the way i thought it would and it is going to be a small harvest but i will take what i learned and fix the mistakes on the next auto i pop. Same with fems. First grow was so-so, second grow i screwed up terribly but this time im getting it down pretty good. Still made some mistakes but those will be eradicated next time and so on and so on until i am dialed in where i want to be. Roll with the punches and keep on keeping on man.

Yes you are right. Before this one I had 2 auto grows and gain some experience and got better with the second one. But this time I don't know what's wrong. Still couldn't fix it. So I mean I don't know how to make thing better next time. :(

I have some ideas what might have been done differently.

- I have a small reservoir (1 gallon) / I purchased 5 gallon bucket.
- This grow I used 3 different light types. First AeroGarden LED then I combined CFL and after 12/12 I got the mars reflector 48.
- My water temp goes up sometimes up to 80F which I cool down to 70F
- I introduced cal/mag very later like 7th week.

Maybe these could have been done different. Let's see I will give it one more try if not will continue with autos. I'm a weekend smoker, 1 auto flower in 3 months will be enough for me. No need to torture myself with switching lights or taking care of light leaks etc.

Bigger rez is definitely a good start. My girls drink almost a gallon and a half a day so anything smaller than 5 would drive me crazy. Calmag is important when using leds. To get rid of my Ca deficiency i had to triple the dose of what was on the bottle.
I've made a lot of mistakes this grow too. Most recently thinking aK deficiency was nute burn so now all my otherwise pretty flowers have these ugly burnt tips and edges. I am still pretty happy and am looking forward to giving it another go I 3or 4 weeks when these are done.
20160429_124855.jpg
20160429_124917.jpg

Back
Top Bottom