AK48 Feminized From Nirvana - Hydroponics Under LED & CFL

Day 3

She is very happy. Root is snow white and already touching the water.

image8268.jpeg
image8269.jpeg

That's some good looking Genovese Basil!

I love Genovese Basil :circle-of-love:

Here a quick update!

Later today AeroGarden will show her as 6 days old... She is looking beautiful like a princess and she is growing roots like Rapunzel :kiss:

PH is around 5.6
I fed her on day 1 with the AeroGarden nutrients. I will switch to General Hydroponics Flora Series on day 14.
Temp is around 72-76
Water temp is around 74-82 (The temp is always rising because the lamp is close to the reservoir. I chill it with frozen water bottles.)

Here some pictures...

D5FB49E6-B63E-4BBD-97D7-6512A197F484.jpg
19D0D20D-68C3-4675-B1F7-2399798E5B35.jpg
IMG_51195.jpg

Hi everyone!!!

I'm back with some updated pics and a question about my feeding schedule.

As far for the update... Everything looks good.

- She is 10 days old.
- PH is 5.6
- Water Temp is 74-80
- She got fed on day 1 with AeroGarden nutrients. (8ml)
- I will feed her on day 14 with GH Flora Series (Base Nutrient) Below is a picture of the feeding schedule for GH Flora Series. I need to look for "Recirculating" am I right? So my reservoir is 1 US Gallon so it needs to be 10ml, 10ml and 2.5ml? Can you guys confirm this because I don't want overfeed her.

Here some pictures.

Screen_Shot_2016-03-15_at_10_21_16_AM.png
205BBC31-17AD-41B2-AD61-A727D73DB875.jpg
6EA6E0F9-A747-4CF6-B347-9DDC45C3C272.jpg
IMG_53598.jpg

I'll preface my comments by stating I've never run DWC or a recirculating system.

100% strength GH trio seems high at this age. I typically start at 50% and ramp up from there until I discover how much a strain can tolerate. Some eventually go to 100%, though with the light and heat many stay @ 50.

I'll have to read back a bit. Are you using RO water? Adding calmag?

Looking really nice! Can't wait to see these gals shift into high gear. Any day now.

/Obi

I would agree with obi wan, 100% strength seems high for this early. I start at 1/4 and then go 1/2 and only go full strength when they are bigger. But if they tolerate it, go for it.
A word of caution, frozen bottles directly in the rez can cause root damage, I've been told. I use bottles too but i have my 5 gallon bucket/rez sitting inside of a wash tub that i fill with water and put the bottles in. Dunno how you could go about doing something like that with the aero garden. Maybe get some velcro and stick a piece on to keep the bottle to the side, away from the roots? That'll work until the roots get big and they will fill up that size rez quickly. My bucket is pretty full of roots at the moment.
P.S. those are beautiful, healthy looking roots, bro.

Update Guys!!!

Day 13

PH is 5.6
Water Temp: 70-76
Tomorrow I will change the water in reservoir and continue with GH Fora Series Nutrients.

I saw some spots on some old leaves and they are curling. I think because low humidity, I put a wet sponge next to her, don't know if it's gonna work.

I also toped her off.

Here some pics before and after topping plus roots. Enjoy.

Do you guys have any other idea what might cause the spots on my leaves?

2F4AF6F2-BF08-43F0-9A00-EDD1E76C04DE.jpg
IMG_54183.jpg
IMG_54193.jpg
AA975365-5287-4722-8924-5083C6C9AF96.jpg

I think you'll be ok. That's about as early as you'd dare to top I believe.

More importantly, watch the new growth for signs of deficiency. You might have a narrow sweet spot for ph level with your strain. I try to run at 5.8 with a little drift (0.2) on either side of that. At 5.6 for too long they may be missing out on a small range of nutrients.

I think you'll be ok. That's about as early as you'd dare to top I believe.

More importantly, watch the new growth for signs of deficiency. You might have a narrow sweet spot for ph level with your strain. I try to run at 5.8 with a little drift (0.2) on either side of that. At 5.6 for too long they may be missing out on a small range of nutrients.

Thank you for your messege. I feel relieved, I panicked for a moment that I messed up.

Tomorrow I will switch to GH Flora Series and will adjust my PH to 5.8.

Nutrient_Chart2.gif

I reference that chart frequently. I'm wondering if your girl is missing out on some potassium and magnesium.

Back
Top Bottom