Chrystal Grow LED and CFL

Ok guys heres the latest update:

Just flushed my 3 ladys, so far to date i have been giving them biobloom every 3/4 days or so and plain water in between.
They have been drinking alot since they came into flower and are budding pretty nicely.

I will have pics up soon, just have to upload them first.
:peacetwo:

Ok here they are:

Day 24 of flowering.

This is lady number 1:
She is the strongest 1 and seems to be budding the best.

cam_pics_0035.JPG
cam_pics_0026.JPG

This is lady number 2:
She is also budding quite well.

cam_pics_0016.JPG

cam_pics_0043.JPG

And this is lady number 3:
She is the lankyist 1 of the 3.

cam_pics_0052.JPG
cam_pics_0062.JPG

Thats all for now folks.

The beauty of CFLs is that instead of having all of your light up above you can surround your plant with it.

Think of it as 3 levels. Bottom, middle and top. Most of your light should be in the top 2 levels. But hang some bulbs at each level, as close to the buds as possible, especially in between plants. If you have to clip some branches to put the bulbs in an effective spot do that.

I always made sure to hang a couple 68w CFLs just an inch or two away from the main cola from the top to the middle section of the plant. As close to the main cola as possible. Makes a big difference.

Your plants look good. Try to intensify the light by getting the bulbs closer to the buds. Good luck.

Ok so here we are, here are the pics of my new grow room/wardrobe:

cam_pics_0017.JPG
cam_pics_0027.JPG
cam_pics_0036.JPG

And some of the plants inside along with the new light board i made(seems to be working better than what i had.

cam_pics_0044.JPG

cam_pics_0053.JPG
cam_pics_0063.JPG
cam_pics_007.JPG

cam_pics_009.JPG

This is what i have been using to assist in the odour control and to be honest it is working great, there is no smell what so ever.
All it is is baking soda and i change it every other day.

cam_pics_0121.JPG

And i just had to show this, its a gift that my lady gave me, my best t-shirt:

cam_pics_0131.JPG

So thats it for now folks, ill have more pics in a couple of days.
:peacetwo:

All those CFL's must be a pain, ill be interested to see the result. I know this was long time ago, but its too bad the LED didn't work, some people have great results and others terible. That is why i am sceptical to buy one yet till they get a little better. I guess there are only a few companies that make them worth buying and they are not cheap at all.

You ever think about buying an hps? is it the electric, heat or money that discourages you, because you could probably cover your invesment in imetiate return from this yield switching to an HPS. go to HTGsupply.com and check them out as low as $200 for a 600W with electronic balast, and smaller light for cheaper. Two of my three balasts are HTG brand and they produce barely any heat, i can hold my hand on any part of the balast for as long as i want, just a little warmth.

The HTG balasts are like 10 times better than the other balast i bought for the same price off ebay. great deal, and if you call them up and talk to them they are likely to hook you up even more, or free shipping or something.

keep up the great work no matter what you choose to do, its looking great.

yeh man i have thought about it but i just wanted to see how the cfls would go.

I have seen a lot of good grows with cfls and a lot of bad ones, so it was 50/50 and thats why i decided to try them myself.

The only worry i have with the hps/mh is the heat but my next grow i will be getting one because using the cfl,s is a pain because you are pretty much adding more and more all the time,and to be honest the amount of watts that my cfls are adding up to is pretty much that of a hps/mh.

Thanks for the info on HTGsupply.com i will be sure to check them out.
:Namaste:

cool, that sounds awesome. Thats exactly what i was thinking, looks like a pain to run so many differnt cords for each bulb. But i can't wait to see the results and then compare with your next grow under an HPS, i like when people run mini experiments to find their prefferences. Each person has to find their system of prefference taking in all the differnt factors in their unique situation.
can't wait for the next pics, my turn to encourage you!

;)

next pics coming later today man.

yeh i have been doin the same with the nutes, during veg i have used,liquid seaweed,mirical grow,baby bio,phostrigen and (citrus which was npk of 18/18/18)

And out of all of them that i have tried phostrigen was the best.

Now during flowering i am using biobloom from biobizz.

So all in all it is a trial run with lights and nutes and also the grow room.

But so far my next grow will be a bigger grow room,hps/mh light, and nutes from advanced nutrients.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom