Building a grow box

Ashmo

Hello there, I'm new to the forum and I want build a grow box, I've looked around but there are so many choices Im not sure which to go for.. I want to build a small box for up to 4 plants the dimension would be something like: height 1meter. Deept 50 cm. Wide 50 cm. I plan on using a 150w hps bulb with a cool tube.. I'm just confused on what would I really need to make it light proof smell proof and sound proof, for the smell I was thinking of getting a carbon filter and a inline fan on it with ducting which goes in and out of the cooltube and out of the box so it would also extract the heat of the box ? For the light proof I will use sealing tape I don't think that would be a problem, but for the sound I'm not sure what to use.. Since there will also be a fan at the bottom as intake, maybe you guys have a better idea, also you are welcome to share your thoughts on what I have planned already. Please excuse my English, it is but my 4th language..
Thank you very much, I'm glad I found this website :)

-Ash

Hey

It all sounds good but I don't think that 50cm x 50cm is going to be anywhere near big enough for 4 plants.

Maybe save yourself the hassle and see if you can get a small closet for next to nothing at a charity shop. :reading420magazine:

Ions

Hey

Thank for the reply, would it really be too small ? i could just keep 2 plants ?
I would love to get a closet but putting more furniture would rise suspicions lol..
So i want to build the box to put in my closet, tho.. i could separate the box and have 2 levels, i cant get more depth but i can make the box higher, and maybe put 10cm more on width.
One for veg and one for flowering, but i will keep that idea for later, right now i just want to get at least 2 plants to grow under one hps bulb.
Would having the box in my closet be bad for ventilation ? maybe i would have to keep the door opened ?

I had a look at your closet, its looking good :bravo: i will be making something similar :)

Ash

Back
Top Bottom