Bulb help please flouro

azaiden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope someone can help me with some info?

first the spiral fluro, how do you tell if its usable for growing if it doesnt have sunlight or grow light on the pack?
such as packs that say warm white or cool white?

also I have a 100w fluoro flourex flood light blue spectrum that exuals a 1000w incandescent and a 400w sodium light in my flower room, should this be good for good quick growwing flowers on 4 plants?

does anybody know if you can get the flourex flood lights in a red spectrum?

the spirals are they blue and red or some blue some red and how do you tell?

would ten off those spirals 23w each be good to veg 6 plants in a small area about 2 and a half foot square and if not how many more should do the job?

the flouro tubes, do they give out a good amount off light the hole way down or would the spiral ones be better if the same watts?

and last thing, are all sodium bulbs sodium halide or just some and whats the diffrence if there is?

cool white for veg, warm for flowering. Check this out.

Kelvin_Scale2.jpg

.... i agree good chart lots of info, yet it is not totally accurate. the chart rates HPS @ 2100 degrees kelvin....my HPS is 3000 degrees.

azaiden - to answer some of your ?'s here you go.

pretty much any CFL will do the job. i have had very good results vegging under CFL's. i started using only 129 watts of CFL lighting in the red spectrum 2700k, 6900 lumens total and took 3 plants through flowering using those 3 bulbs in a 2 x2 foot area.

look on the packages and read all the fine print on the bottom and the back. look for a 4 digit # with a "k" at the end. i.e. 2700k(red), or 4100k (neutral) 6500k(blue). if you can avoid the neutral ones. stick with either 2700k or 6500k. if its not listed on the package it will be on the ballast of the bulb ( near the top where u screw it into the socket)sometimes its abbreviated, like 27k which obviously is 2700k.i tend to use a mix of both 2700k and 6500k with a slight emphasis on the 2700k. dont waste your time with the 4100k or the 5000k if possible. 5000k would be much better than 4100 if neccessary.

i have never seen a CFL without either 2700k, 4100k, or 6500k. with the exception of 5000k. meaning to my knowledge they only come in 4 flavors : red (2700k) blue (5000k, or 6500k) or neutral (4100k).

to my knowledge those flood lights you talk about only come in neutral or blue spectrums. though i thought they only made 65 watt and 85 watt bulbs.

to tell if the CFLs are red or blue check for that # i mentioned above...if not the color of the glass will be yellow for 2700k or whitish/ blue for 6500k. cant say about the 4100k or 5000k as i have no experience with them.

heres a pic to help you decipher which your cfl is:

the middle light there is 2700k and the outer 2 are 6500k very distinguishable.

e_003.jpg

dont waste your time with the tube floros if youve got the cfls. especially if your growing in a small space.
you average shoplite uses 40 watts and puts out 2,960 lumens thats the same light output as a CFL only the shoplite takes a lot more room and makes more heat and its a lot harder to keep it close to the top of the plants.

10 23 watt CFLs to veg 6 plants eh? thats a tough ? to answer. depends on how big you want to veg them and whether you have your walls lined with a relflective material. i had a buddy grow a plant with a 40 watt candle looking bulb that couldnt have put out more than 750 lumens in a closet and he got about an 1/8 from the plant in the end, but it took about a year to get there!!!!!!! so the more light the better. if you can try to go with like 4 or 5 42 or 45 watt cfls but if you already got the 23 watters give it a go. hope some of this helps. sorry to keep rambling on i think its time for me to shut up. peace.

Back
Top Bottom