extreamly sick looking plant, need urgant help please

azaiden

I have a plant that i started from seedling under my 400 watt sodium and it was doing great, its a foot tall in soil 3 gallon pot, the soil is a mixture off some good quality soils and manure, I dont have a ph tester but i only feed bottled water bought from an aqua water store.
A week ago i had some plants that i had to start flowering so i went and got a 100 watt blue spec flourex flood light that equals 1000 watt incondesent and also 4 red and 4 blue spec 23 watt spiral flouros that i put in a small 2and a half foot squared room in my cupboard, temp sits around 76
I put the veg plant in there 1 clone that was under the 400 watt aswell (very healthy) at 9 inches tall and 4 seedlings that i started under those new flouros.
The two plants that were under the 400w sodium were very healthy on a very low newts feeding 1 time a week as the soil and manure seem to be feeding them good enough.
after 2 days i could see they were both looking a little light in colour and stems were a little purple so i decided to give them a newts feed and since then 4 days they have just gotton worse, now they are really light green, i see what i think might be rust spots starting on the top larger shade leaves, the stems are a very dark red/purple colour all over and the leaves are curling down except the shade leaves with rust looking spots whitch are curving up from the sides.
I feel by the looks off them if i don,t work out and fix the problem soon they may die so any good info would be very helpful.
Also the seedlings under same lights all look to be ok with 6 leaves each now and they are in same soil mix and same size containers.
At this point as a new grower im stumped as to what the prob is or how to fix it.

You are growing under sodium and flowering under CFL's? Did I read this wrong?

I would also flush those plants with some water as it sounds like burn to me.

no i was growing under sodium and now im flowering under sodium and veging under flouros
sorry in my rush to type and my wanting to be as detailed as posible i probebly made it more confusing than anything

when he said burn he ment nute burn from over fert...

How are your humidity levels in the space? Do you have fans to keep the air moving around? Low humidity and air movement are the best preventive remedy for fungus and rust. How long have they been in the same soil? Have youi been feeding them?

Other thoughts...
-drowning
-ph too high
-fert burn
-salt build-up

How big are the pots they are in? and how long have they been in them? Sounds like they could be getting rootbound or the PH of the soil is off...

Can you post a pic of them?

Peace
MC

I think you are both on the ball on this one
Last night when my flowering room started its light cycle i put them in there to see how they go because there is alot better air movement and cycling clean air in and old air out and just after 12 hours they are looking great.
Also the containers are only about 1 and a half gallon so im going to repot today into five gallon buckets which i am very sure will do wonders for their growth.
my veg room is in my house and I think the air was no good due to a quick cold weather change hear and I just put the central heating on after it hadnt been used in 2 years so it was kinda mucky air for a bit and i had run a vent straight to my room when it was hot hear so the a/c could cool the room,
now the heater is being used I will just cover the vent air to the ceiling and put a small fan in and see how it goes.
I dont want to go overboard on money and work as im sure the heat will be back in a few days or a week or so and the ac will be back on.
thank you both for your help and akornpatch, thanks for that chart on light color it helped me save some $$$$$ due to every pack that says grow on it seems to be very expencive and the ones that say cool or warm seem so much cheaper in the flouros.

Back
Top Bottom