Buying dispensaries for sale?

hp1987

Hi, I'm a newbie. just recently joined this forum, found a lot of useful info. I'm looking into starting a dispensary.

I've been recently searching around and found some dispensaries in CO for sale. I was wondering, people that are selling the dispensaries in CO, is it b/c the laws have changed and they might be forced to shut down and hoping to make money out of people wanting to get into this new gold rush?

Has anyone actually been involved with purchasing an existing dispensary? I want to get someone's opinion. Anyone who works or owns a dispensary in CO would be really nice.

Thanks.

Advise on why existing dispensary owners want to sell or advise on what to ask/look for when negotiating a sale. Should I have a lawyer when purchasing a dispensary?

hp1987 my friend, it is impossible to buy, sell, transfer property you must use an Attorney. While MMJ Dispensaries are legitimate businesses most are built from the ground up. I would approach any business decision with the same acumen and decorum you would if purchasing a liquor store or other existing business. As a friend once advised me, "Just because someone has a Marijuana Card, it does not mean they are trustworthy."

2 reasons

As said above, hp1987

And the fact that in the last 15 months we have had wayyyyyy to many shady dispensaries open.

I go to a new dispensary every two weeks just to check them out, we in Colorado have some really good ones and ALOT of terrible ones.

:peace:
WillyB

Thank you so much for your advise. Are the licenses not transferable like how it is in Cali? or have to go through the applying process all over again?

More than likely that is the reason. The laws here change on a monthly basis so there is no guarantee that your business will comply. There is a lot of uncertainty on what direction the state is going with there bullshit and overreaching rules they want to pass. All I know is that patient constitutional rights are being dismantled by what some of the bigger dispensaries have helped pay lobbyists to do. They are trying to get rid of personal caregivers and Ma and Pop owned dispensaries here. So if you have a half million you want to through away that's your choice but I wouldn't recommend buying anything until all of the lawsuits have been ruled on and the state gets all of there rules and regs finalized and made to not suppress our constitutional right as patients and medical privacy laws.

I just don't see why they see Marijuana as that big of a threat? Did Liquor store face this much of regulation crisis after the prohibition ended? Damn Nixon!

I just don't see why they see Marijuana as that big of a threat? Did Liquor store face this much of regulation crisis after the prohibition ended? Damn Nixon!

I agree Marijuana is not a big threat to any adult who is responsible.
Yes we have the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, the Dept of Revenue, the USDA, the FBI, and several other acronym agencies that have struggled with similar isssues.
Be careful and stay 420% Legal.

Back
Top Bottom