CA: Cannabis Convict Eddy Lepp Free From Prison

Katelyn Baker

San Francisco - Free after eight years of federal imprisonment, one of the nation's most celebrated cannabis convicts came home to California on Wednesday, walking off a United Airlines flight into the warm embrace of supporters - and a profoundly changed world.

Charles "Eddy" Lepp, a defiant 64-year-old Vietnam vet and ordained Rastafarian minister, was convicted on federal felony charges in 2007 for doing something that California now considers legal because of last month's passage of Proposition 64: growing marijuana.

"I'm very honored. I'm very humbled. Thank you so much for caring," Lepp told friends and family at San Francisco International Airport, tears streaming down his creased cheeks.

Then he vowed to fight for national legalization of cannabis and presidential pardons for first-time nonviolent drug offenders.

"Just because I went to federal prison doesn't mean I got off the horse," said Lepp, who will be on drug-monitored probation for five years. "It is still a long, long ride - and I'll be there when it's done."

Capture215.PNG

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Cannabis Convict Eddy Lepp Free From Prison
Author: Lisa M. Krieger
Photo Credit: Bay Area News Group

Back
Top Bottom