Eddy Lepp Wins a Battle

Wilbur

Eddy Lepp and his Medicinal Gardens and Multi-Denominational Ministry of Cannabis and Rastafari won a victory in federal district court in California Tuesday when a judge suppressed the evidence agents gathered in a 2004 raid where they seized 32,524 plants.

In the 2004 raid, DEA agents, local law enforcement, the California Highway Patrol, and an elite National Guard unit spent two days destroying the crop. The DEA at the time described it as the largest cultivation bust in history. It was destined, Lepp says, for medical marijuana patients in the state.

In a Tuesday ruling, US District Court Judge Marilyn Patel threw out the fruits of that raid. According to a press release from Lepp supporters, the evidence was suppressed due to illegal service of warrants.

Lepp, who is a leading advocate of the sacramental use of marijuana, still faces decades in federal prison over a 2005 raid. Judge Patel has set a January 9 hearing at the Federal Court Building in San Francisco on whether to throw out the search warrant in that case as well. Lepp and his defenders will argue that it, too, was illegally obtained.

Newshawk: User - 420 Magazine
Source: StoptheDrugWar.org
Pubdate: 15 December 2006
Copyright: 2006 StoptheDrugWar.org
Website: Raising awareness of the consequences of drug prohibition | Stop the Drug War (DRCNet)

It is usally the Dark Environment Around us that makes that "ERROR" in proper procedures with proper search warrants and how they are are executed. There is no doubt that this was overlooked. Yeah Right. What planet are you from?
Mr Lepp consider yourself lucky on this one. The Cardinal and the crew will no doubt be back, or has he retired by now?
Watch out Mr Lepp. there is someone there that was also in the Sheiks entourage many years ago that brought down the best Thai connection on the West Coast, along with all the financial institutions that were a part of that era and operation. He also was screwing the guys wife he busted. Hint Hint Hint. This man is back in Cal and doing more harm than he did in the late 80's and 90's, however he is just "Doing his Job", like the rest of us.

you know, cnn just did a special on "marijuana: the cash crop". looks ot me the government will capitalize (eventually) on the united states ever growing weed smoking population.

heh, good for lepp. in fact i would counter-sue, illegal search warrants?? shit, someone better lose their job.

Smok1~4me said:
Hemp Hemp Hooray!!!!! Congrats!!! :allgood: :headbanger: RACEFAN U can drive by & SEE his crops???? OOOOOh My God!!!! The more stories I hear about Cali The MORE I want 2 move there!!! If WEED was cheaper I'd leave TONIGHT! Maybe it will be by the time I get there! (Ha,Ha,Ha) :smokin:

we'll be waitin for ya lol

Smok1~4me said:
Hemp Hemp Hooray!!!!! Congrats!!! :allgood: :headbanger: RACEFAN U can drive by & SEE his crops???? OOOOOh My God!!!! The more stories I hear about Cali The MORE I want 2 move there!!! If WEED was cheaper I'd leave TONIGHT! Maybe it will be by the time I get there! (Ha,Ha,Ha) :smokin:
Yes you can see some of his plants if you know where to look. It's not like he's hiding them. After all, he did get popped with 32000 plants on his property a couple of years ago. lol Eddy is a real nice guy. I got my recommendation out of his house and renewed it there a couple of times as well. (the doctor now has a regular office) I've sat and talked with Eddy, admired his plants from up close and learned a little about getting 2 harvests per year outdoors in northern california. Eddy was the first person arrested for cultivation after the passing of prop 215 and the first person to win due to the passing of prop 215. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I know all of the legal battles have put a nasty strain on Eddy and his ladies life lately. I just want to say to Eddy...my prayers are with you my friend and if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Now we'll see if he ever reads this huh? lol

Back
Top Bottom