Cabinet Growing

Urdedpal

CABINET GROWING
Although cabinet growing is not truly an advanced method of cannabis cultivation it certainly is a very popular one because of its ease of use, containment, stealth and harvest results. A cabinet can be anything from a small closet, an old refrigerator, a box or a simple cupboard. The grow area is usually small and can accommodate one to twelve plants at a time. The idea behind a cabinet grow is to keep a cycle of plants growing at all times. There are three things a cabinet grower needs to get started. They are:
1. Cabinet
2. Lighting
3. Air vent with fan
Most people simply set up their lights so they are adjustable by using versatile chains or a spring-type cord. A large hole is made in the cabinet to allow air to enter while another hole is made to allow air to escape. A fan is placed in one of the holes to extract the hot air being generated by the heat from the bulb. This vent and fan would be near the top of the cabinet close to the light. Hot air rises and should be extracted from the top of the cabinet. The intake hole is on the opposite side of the grow area and can have a fan inside. This fan is generally moving quicker than the extractor fan to allow a fresh supply of air to circulate before leaving the grow room.

Your cabinet can be air-cooled in a few ways. The most common way is to mount a 4-inch dryer flange on the hood and link from the hood flange to the exhaust fan flange with a 4-inch dryer hose. A fan can be mounted on the hood also.

The walls are painted flat white or Mylar is hung for reflective purposes. The plants are usually placed in separate pots and spend their entire life cycle within the cabinet environment. Clones are taken and placed on a shelf in the cabinet. Some people have made small compartments in their cabinets for clones and germination. Such a compartment can be any size, but is usually kept small enough to just keep the clones alive. This small compartment will probably have one or two fluorescent lights for the clones. It would be best to keep the compartment at the top of the grow chamber near the exhaust fan. You don't need an intake fan for these clones unless it is a big setup. A simple hole in the side will allow the plants to breathe.

After harvest, the clones are put into the grow cabinet and the process is repeated in a perpetual grow cycle; the legal term is a marijuana factory. In this kind of setup, you can harvest bud every 30 days with the right strains.

i was reading and i didnt know that thier cfls that equal hid outputs im lookin to these a 200 watt red spectrum cfl= a 400 mh bulb, i should be good 3 of these

I do cabinet growing in a metal office supplies cabinet, the 7ft kind. I use a 430w that can do the MH and HPS bulbs depending on stage of growth. The top 2 feet is a cloning/mother chamber that has 2 150w CFL. the other half is baffled so the chamber airflow keeps my drying chamber dark and at 70 to 80 degrees, 39 to 45% humidity. heh :p I set up a baffle system so the airflow into the veg chamber exits through the bud chamber. Desert humidity keeps things just right. It's kind of a portable grow your own kit...

could we get some pictures of your cabinet grow people? i was looking to do it for a first time grow and would like to get an idea on how the set up should look and the product i need to become a master cabinet grower lol

could we get some pictures of your cabinet grow people? i was looking to do it for a first time grow and would like to get an idea on how the set up should look and the product i need to become a master cabinet grower lol

Hi marcoochie ;)

That thread died a long time ago, but if you type "cabinet" or "cab grow" into the forum search function, you should get a lot of good info.

welcome!

Back
Top Bottom