Can a Flowering cycle REALLY be shortened?

HotLooSey

My grow shop fellows are telling that by using products like Advanced Nutrients Bud Ignitor and OverDrive can actually shorten my growing cycle.

Is that your experience? Can it shorten from 10 to 8 weeks? I hear most people doing an 8 week cycle. That means only six weeks of feeding and two of flushing.

That would be lovely!!! But, WHAT'S A GIRL TO BELIEVE?

THANKS,

LUCY

Well, I'm going to venture a guess based on what I know, which may be incorrect.

If I am wrong, hopefully someone with experience with the specific AN products you mentioned will be able to enlighten us all...

Maturity times are controlled by genetics -- some sativa varieties need three or more months to finish maturing, for example.

I suppose a very happy plant, one that had absolutely all the nutes it could ever need, might be able to come to maturity a bit faster, but I doubt much could be really be done to override the genetically-determined maturity time.

Now, a lot of cannabis is harvested well before it is fully mature, sometimes as early as 6 weeks, so as to save time. However, it is generally better to "wait it out" and not try to rush the plant to finish, as trichome production and quality will likely suffer. There is really no way to see trichomes with the naked eye, so without a loupe or small handheld scope, it is very hard to determine exactly when a plant has reached its peak of production.

Instead of rushing the flowering time, I would suggest running a separate room or space for veg growth, so that as soon as the flowering space is available, strong young plants that are ready to start the 12/12 cycle can be introduced and set to flower immediately. This can cut your harvest time from 3 months to 2, right off the bat... :cheer:

Yes, I don't think trying to rush the flowering cycle is a good idea. They need time to mature and there's not much we can do about that.

I started new clones in a seperate room, and since they were small, it was pretty easy to handle. This way I can finish a cycle every 10 weeks or so.

I use House & garden from Van de Zwaan they're web site is Premium Quality Dutch Plant Nutrients & Stimulants - House & Garden and they have a feed chart with veg and flowering. For veg they 2 chart one for 3 week veg and the other one for 7 week veg. When it's shorter time the nutrient add in the soil is more cocentrated then the 7 week. For flowering they have 6 week 8 week , ten week and 12 week flowering chart I believe it's all about the nutrient you use and how much. To have a better smoke I believe curing is really important fromm 2 week to a month. Hope it will help.
P/S I use other nutrient product too
The 2 room is a great think to do I have a veg room and a flower room.Veg 18 hours flower 12 hours and work great will but pict on my journal cooking with oil soon.Here my cooking journal link if you want to check and give me input

Cooking with Cannabis Oil

If you don't mind picking out seeds,lightly pollinate the main colas when they start appearing. Your weed will be ready to harvest in 4-6 weeks regardless of the strain.

Since the last couple of weeks of flowering time is when the buds really bulk up (in addition to the trichomes "maturing"), why would you want to shorten the cycle?

If you REALLY need to cut the cycle short, cut your light hours and increase your dark ones - that'll do it.

But I wouldn't recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom