Why buy a dwarf strain whey you can shorten vegetative stage?

Scientific

Hi Grow Gurus (or anyone happens to have an opinion ;))

My question: Why buy a dwarf strain when you can shorten vegetative stage?

A friend bought Crop King Seeds' "Dwarf Low Flyer" seeds because he wanted to experiment with growing just a small plant on his deck. It worked well for him--I remember him showing me the jars of buds from just one plant--so I got the same strain and had very good luck with it as well.

But I have seen people who have just started a normal size strain at 12/12 lighting or who have gone to 12/12 after only a week or two of vegetative growth and also gotten plants that are small enough not to draw attention or grow too big for a small pot on the deck.

So now I'm wondering, why not just get a full size strain and give it a short veg cycle instead of getting a dwarf?

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

I have Dwarfs but not for the fact that they are dwarfs their potency Style and smoke is unique to them dwarfs are pretty good at taking heat as well which is the reason why I use them I am in the desert

Hi Grow Gurus (or anyone happens to have an opinion ;))

My question: Why buy a dwarf strain when you can shorten vegetative stage?

A friend bought Crop King Seeds' "Dwarf Low Flyer" seeds because he wanted to experiment with growing just a small plant on his deck. It worked well for him--I remember him showing me the jars of buds from just one plant--so I got the same strain and had very good luck with it as well.

But I have seen people who have just started a normal size strain at 12/12 lighting or who have gone to 12/12 after only a week or two of vegetative growth and also gotten plants that are small enough not to draw attention or grow too big for a small pot on the deck.

So now I'm wondering, why not just get a full size strain and give it a short veg cycle instead of getting a dwarf?

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

My guess would be because it's tough to put the sun into a 12/12 light cycle.

I have Dwarfs but not for the fact that they are dwarfs their potency Style and smoke is unique to them dwarfs are pretty good at taking heat as well which is the reason why I use them I am in the desert

Interesting. Hardy little buggers, I guess. (Mine didn't die, so that says something right there! ;))

I have a very hard time trying to kill my cannabis plants and I try f****** hard I don't give them any easy time I want to know how much crap they can take I have cuttings that I put in a bottle and just throw them around in the truck no light No Air it's been almost 3 days and they are perfectly fine not beat up so yeah I would say hard to kill

Hardy yes but my auto short Riders are a pain in the ass as far as flowering. Today is day 50 in veg I've had them on a 12/12 cycle for the past 20 days and they still haven't flowered. I bought my short riders for a stealth grow, situation has changed and is no longer necessary...... bushy little pricks though.
420-magazine-mobile382447606.jpg

Sounds like you may have gotten bad genetics from someone that did not know how to breed the seeds correctly I see this a lot from different seed companies I run a dispensary in New Mexico

Hardy yes but my auto short Riders are a pain in the ass as far as flowering. Today is day 50 in veg I've had them on a 12/12 cycle for the past 20 days and they still haven't flowered.

If these are CKS, did you mean "Low Flyers"? Just curious. You know of course that autos don't respond to day length. By giving them only 12 hours of light a day you're just slowing their development. Try giving them 24 hours a day if you want them to develop fast. Worked for me!

These guys have been LSTD since early on and defoliated multiple times. New leaves, no new flowers, lol. These are short Ryder autos. Meant to be small, also meant to flower......lmao. I did have them on 19/ 5 until another member suggested the 12/12 sched. They've been doing that for about 10 days.

These guys have been LSTD since early on and defoliated multiple times. New leaves, no new flowers, lol. These are short Ryder autos. Meant to be small, also meant to flower......lmao. I did have them on 19/ 5 until another member suggested the 12/12 sched. They've been doing that for about 10 days.

Ah well patience then. They look healthy. I'm sure they'll do their thing in God's good time. ;)

Instead of getting aggravated at your plant for not flowering there is a couple things that you can try you can slow down the watering this will normally make the plant realize that the seasons have changed did one of the other things you can do is change it to 10 hours of light and 14 hours of dark this will also make your buds ripen faster because it starts to think it's getting closer to the end of the season just a few simple tricks to help you out

Instead of getting aggravated at your plant for not flowering there is a couple things that you can try you can slow down the watering this will normally make the plant realize that the seasons have changed did one of the other things you can do is change it to 10 hours of light and 14 hours of dark this will also make your buds ripen faster because it starts to think it's getting closer to the end of the season just a few simple tricks to help you out

I believe these are autos and thus according to my understanding not amenable to those kinds of manipulations.

I have seen an auto of what I believe is this strain fail to flower before, but that was because it was outside where it was cold, days were short, and it was cloudy every day. (It did eventually produce one small flower when it got to having six nodes.)

Back
Top Bottom