Can anyone from Denver answer some questions

SmokyTreats

New to the forums, and glad I found them. My wife and I are planning on relocating this spring, and since we heard about Denvers new tolerance law, we are seriously concidering Colorado. But I have questions, that only a fellow stoner could answer. For instance, I know from experiance that after moving to a new location, it can be difficult to locate a dependable connection. So since this law was passed, is it easier to find people who smoke, and thus easier to find people who sell? What is the average cost of, say an ounce of bud? I have read posts on these forums, that people are more likely to light up in bars, and such. So that leads me to belive it would in fact be less difficult to locate, but I know the sale of bud is still illegal. And while I do intend to grow for my own personal consuption, I know it can take awhile between harvests, just need to know if I will be able to find someone. We have many other questions about Denver, that does not include weed. Is it a fun town to live in? Is it difficult to find employment? How's the nightlife? Are the people friendly? Are there good places to eat, and shop? What is the average monthly rent for a 2- bedroom apartment, or house? Around here, it seems, to be between, 450-600$ depending on location. Right now we live in a small town, and pay 435$ for a small 2 bedroom apartment. Is it difficult to find a place to live there? We would need to have a place ready for us, before we actully go there. Do you think that would difficult. I have relocated several times, but she has never left her home state. Plus we have a small child, so we can't just go there and live in the car for a week till we find a place. So while I have done it before, it will be a new experiance as a family. My only real fear of being a pothead, is getting busted on the way home, after purchasing weed. I'm not one to smoke anywhere, but the privacy of my house, or a friends. I want to live somewhere I can take my weed home without going to jail, and be able to take a joint or 2 over to a friends house, without the constent fear of the police. In fact, if I could live somewhere, I can do all that, I would never fear the cops again. So if someone who lives there could answer these questions, it would help so much. And I am sure we can think of more things to ask.

I wonder how many people will move to Denver, just because of that law? Ya never know, this could be used as a furture tactic to attract new people to your city, or any city if this law spreads. Would'nt that be nice? Thanks in advance for any help!

State law supercedes local law...
State troopers still enforce it. It's merely a symbolic victory.

That is true, but according to NORML:

NORML - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws Since 1970

The penelty for having an Oz. or less is a petty offense, with no jail time, and a $100.00 dollar fine. And I belive that is a state law. I can live with that. Here in Michigan just the charge of Marijuana "use" is 90 days in jail, plus the 100$ fine, possestion of ANY ammount, is 1 year in jail, and a $1000 fine. I have been arrested here before, and let me tell ya, I sucked. A $35.00 bag of weed cost me more then $1200 in fines and court costs, while I got no prison time, I was on probation for a year. Seems slighty unfair to me. Again I can live with the hundred dollar fine.

The situation in Denver is like some cities decriminalizing marijuana so it's the lowest priority for police to be looking for. Now, in Denver, marijuana is almost a non priority, something that might show up when looking for somethign else but not actually activitly looked for

Yes I understand that, it still has to be better then Michigan, it seems to me they would rather bust the potheads, then moniter gang activity, which is far worse around here.

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure you didn't think Denver was the new Amsterdam.
Seems like you have your shit straight so sorry if I insulted your intelligence, but I was just looking out. Best of luck for finding a place to live, I hope you and your family are happy.

Back
Top Bottom