can cool temps induce flowers?

bconway

My northern lights mother, & most of her babies have started to flower while still under 18/6 400 mh. My white widdow mother & babies seem to be ok. I'm wondering if the cool temps in my veg room are causing this. 60f dark, & 65f with lights on. I put a small heater in the room this morning, & will try to bring the temp up to 75f. Will the affected plants re-veg, or should I trash them, & start over. I'd move them into the bud room, but it's at capacity. I have grown outdoors for many years, but have been forced indoors after loosing 2 crops to *%&$# theft. It's like learning to walk all over again.

bconway, welcome to the 420 family. I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to your problem. My grow room goes down to 60f when the light is off. I'm growing lowryder 2 which of course is auto-flowering. I have covered my air intake to prevent the cool air from coming in. I wouldn't trash the plants.

Thanks for the replies, the reason my room has been kept so cool is to try to slow the growth a bit, but it could be that my nl mother is getting a little old (like me).It's over a year old, & has produced many offspring. I already have a replacement mother started,(white rhino), I like to have a couple of strains going. I think I'll keep the mother until I have room in the bud room, & give the clones to my son. He can still grow outdoors, but he has some cfl's set up so he can get a head start on the warmer weather. If he plants flowering clones in the spring, he'll probably be able to harvest twice this year. I love this site, & have used it as my main reference resourse since Oct. when I first built my rooms. My first 2 indoor grows were 20 plant sog using dwc, but this time I'm using a soil less mix (I like playing in the dirt).

Make certain your timer is in fact set to 18/6 and that you don't have any light leaks that are messing with your light schedule. Cold temps. will not induce flowering, it will only slow growth.

Back
Top Bottom