can i grow with a 400 hps to save money

sanjose

is it possible to grow the plants with a 400 watt hps light then bud it with a 1000 watt light to save money and get the same yeild as if i grew with the 1000 the whole time

is it possible to grow the plants with a 400 watt hps light then bud it with a 1000 watt light to save money and get the same yeild as if i grew with the 1000 the whole time

sanjose...if you're asking can I save 600w while vegging my plants then yes...I would use a 400w mh instead though if possible. otherwise you can't replace one with the other since the 1000w will easily cover twice as many plants.

You will be fine with a 400 HPS. I have heard from many experienced growers that MH bulbs are not worth it. You will see the same results veging with a HPS as you would with a MH bulb.

I'm currently veging with my 600 HPS because I am still waiting for my T5 to come

You will be fine with a 400 HPS. I have heard from many experienced growers that MH bulbs are not worth it. You will see the same results veging with a HPS as you would with a MH bulb.

I'm currently veging with my 600 HPS because I am still waiting for my T5 to come

Unfortunately you and your experienced friends are wrong since the bulbs don`t give off the same spectrum how is it they work the same?

Unfortunately you and your experienced friends are wrong since the bulbs don`t give off the same spectrum how is it they work the same?

Yeah I was wondering that too. MH gives off a better spectrum for vegging is consistently what I've read.

Either way it doesn't matter since op only has HPS ^^

You can use hps to veg, but if you already have a mh it will work better than the hps for vegging, I've done it with both. As far as using 400 for veg and 1k to flower, yes, that should work fine, if they get too stretchy then you may have a high light strain and have to use the 1k or train them

Back
Top Bottom