Adding an extra light to my two 1k hps any advice

sanjose

i have a few questions i am running two 1000 watt hps lights over a 4x8 grow tray and i am thinking about adding one more light to the mix to fill in all the cracks
what i wana know is will this improve my yeild by adding a 400 watt and can you use led lights with hps what would you guys suggest me do
and can you ushaly run a 400 on the same circuit as a 1000 i have each 1k on a differant crcuit bt i want to plug the extra light in on one of the two wold that work on a normal:thanks: house circuit

Adding light will for sure help your yield. a 1k hps has a footprint of 4x4, so your space is lit very well, but, 400 watts for as you say "the cracks" will turn those branches from outside your footprint from popcorn, to buds :)

typical house breakers are either 15 or 20 amp and 110 volt. sooo

15 amp can support MAX 1650 watts
20 amp can support MAX 2200 watts

so, 1400 watts is pretty close to too the trip point, and when the ballasts are firing, you may run into an issue with the breaker tripping due tot he fact they typically draw more power than usual.

to get around this issue, you can put the lights on 2 different timers to have them both fire 10-15 min away from each other.

eg/
8:00am 1000watt fires
8:15am 400 watt fires
8:00pm both shut off.

just make sure nothing else runs on that breaker, and you should be ok...

If you do run into issues with it tripping, you can either upgrade your breakers and wiring from 15 to 20, or even go buy a 30 or 50 amp breaker, and run the whole system on one breaker. JUST MAKE SURE if you are to upgrade a breaker. you upgrade ALL the wiring from the breaker to the plugs. otherwise your house turns into a fireball.

or just run all the lights from different breakers.

Hmm, I would probably hang a 400 MH in between the 1000 HPS', more of a full spectrum. Just my opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom