Can it be done?

yes, you can get the same thing from a hardwear store for half the price

Yep...those hard-to-find stores like Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and so on :slide: They all carry CFL's of useful wavelengths. The 6500k's usually have the color temp listed on the box but I know that GE's don't list the 2700K on some of their bulbs. Instead they simply put them with green/yellow packaging and call them "Soft White"...if you check their website and cross the model #'s it'll show you what color temp they are.

Basically you want day light for vegging (5000-6500K) and soft white (2700-3000K) for flowering. Home Depot carries a brand called n:vision but I prefer to stick with better known names like GE and Sylvania, personal choice though.

Btw...the Target near me had some CFL's on special clearance, $3.50 for a 2 pack of 26W bulbs (GE)! I nearly jizzed in my pants when I saw the price and you can be assured I took full advantage of that price hahahaha, I probably looked like I was changing out every bulb in my house in the checkout line.

I started mine on two 26W bulbs using a Y-splitter from the hardware store. Check this forum for a thread about making CFL chandeliers or something like that, there's some good pics in there and ideas. I used two 26W bulbs on each plant for the first three weeks and they did great (see journal). Once they got bigger and bushier I decided to increase the # of bulbs, we'll see how that goes. I think Boss had a very good crop using CFL's, check out his grow journal...

Back
Top Bottom