Can somebody give me some advice

normlguy

My spouse and I are looking into purchasing one of the fully furnished grow rooms seen on many websites. We want the item to look like a household item (i.e. file cabinet, etc.) We would also like to keep our purchase price under 2,000 dollars. We have been looking at the "Cool Cab" on sunlightsheds.com for 1,499 dollars. If anyone has any advice please fill me in. This will be our first time attempting to grow. We already have the seeds we just need some advice before unloading a hefty sum of money. Experienced indoor growers reply only please.

Thanks for any advice,
Normlguy:smokin3:

You can save tons of $$ if you build one yourself.
First of all, you didn't say how many plants you want to grow.
If it's 4--8, you can buy a free-standing wardrobe from home depot for under $100. Put in a 600-watt HPS (approx. $300), intake and exhaust fans ($13 each at home depot and 15 minutes with a sabre saw), paint the inside white and you've got your environment.
If you want to grow more than that (which will yield you approx. 1.5 oz. bud per plant every 3 months) you can adapt a closet as a growroom.

But before you spend a dime, read every growbook you can find (check the sub-forum for grow books).

Sorry guys I'll clarify this.

To answer the first question "How many plants are you planning to grow?". We are looking at just enough for me and my wife and maybe the occassional friend of course (but they will not know about the grow room). Also I have read the Cannabis Grow Bible from cover to cover and I am a little worried about the smell if I buy one of those cabinets from Home Depot. I want this thing to be able to be seen but not noticed as a grow room. It will be placed in my office room at the back of our house. Also it will be placed right next to my computer to shadow any of the noise (The Cool Cab is supposed to be quiet). For the last question "hydro or soil?". We have been looking at both systems but the Cool Cab is already set up for hydro. I've had friends of mine in the past that have grown hydroponically and their bud was incredible. But I am more concerned with what is easier and of course will provide good yeilds. Also, do you guys advise doing a scrog or not. I have read good things about them. Oh yeah.... one final thing and I will quit rambling. The seeds I have are blueberry, blueberryxnorthernlights, blue apollo, and chronic. Which of these is the easiest to grow and which will provide a good yield. I was planning on growing maybe one of each... does that sound like a good plan... it would give me some variety.

Thanks for all advice
Normlguy:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom