Can someone help me sort out this problem?

Pettern1337

420 Member
Hello.

For a couple of weeks now i've had issues with dark green "spots" or "shades" on the leafs (for lack of a better word). They are a bit darker than the pictures shows. Some of the leaves are starting to get soft, almost leathery texture. The upper leaves are starting to get pale/brown tips as well.
This has not escalated to a great extent yet, but I want to be a little forward thinking.
It may be too much nitrogen, but i haven't had any similar issues before so it's hard to tell.
I'm currently in week 2 of veg (Dutch passion auto ultimate).

Climate:
77 deg. Light on
64 deg. Light off
67% humidity

Fert:
-Autopot 4 Gallon
-Easy2grow liquid fertilizer (1 component)
-850 EC
-6.0 PH
-Coco coir

Light:
-445 ppfd
-600W HLG Diablo
-34" hanging distance

IMG_7905.png

IMG_7906.jpeg

IMG_7907.jpeg

IMG_7908.jpeg

IMG_7909.jpeg

IMG_7910.png

IMG_7911.jpeg

Hey 1337,

full disclosure, I’m soil grower… but ph should be 5.8 for coco, don’t use plain water either it’s feed (water plus nutes) every day for coco.

at this point you should be fully saturating the media to 10% runoff, the wet / dry cycle is not intended for coco

when ph is out of range she can’t get the full effect of your nutes, also might help if you can bump temps closer to 84 for lights on

Hi mate - wouldn't worry about EC, that's for pure hydro res
Are you following the suggested ml/L?
Some CaMg is good in coco
It's also quite low Nitrogen - the darker green bits are the good bits
I'm following the suggested ml/L, which is 5ml/L in veg and adjusted all the way up to 10ml/L in mid/late flower. My last grow i was adding calmag every now and then without any issues, but i can try turning it up a notch on this one.

Hey 1337,

full disclosure, I’m soil grower… but ph should be 5.8 for coco, don’t use plain water either it’s feed (water plus nutes) every day for coco.

at this point you should be fully saturating the media to 10% runoff, the wet / dry cycle is not intended for coco

when ph is out of range she can’t get the full effect of your nutes, also might help if you can bump temps closer to 84 for lights on
I run autopot, so i don't need to water from top. I was considering to go down to 5.8, even though 6.0 should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom