Candy Cane

hugrem

Hello guys Iam wondering if this strain take well to topping ? Just did my first grow with a candy cane that wasnt topped and lsted and got 3oz. Hoping to increase my yield , advice ?

It is always important to state that a strain is auto-flowering. Many people will not look it up, and may not know.

You will get mixed answers. Some members here do not top.

Topping will not necessarily up your yield. There are more factors in the mix. You didn't say how many plants were in your last grow. If one plant, that is going to be hard to beat, unless you change something in the growing environment.

Give us more info about your setup, and we may be able to tell you if more training will give more yield (if you do things perfectly).

I'm not the most experienced, but I know what the experienced guys will ask.

Welcome to the forum :thumb:

It is always important to state that a strain is auto-flowering. Many people will not look it up, and may not know.

You will get mixed answers. Some members here do not top.

Topping will not necessarily up your yield. There are more factors in the mix. You didn't say how many plants were in your last grow. If one plant, that is going to be hard to beat, unless you change something in the growing environment.

Give us more info about your setup, and we may be able to tell you if more training will give more yield (if you do things perfectly).

I'm not the most experienced, but I know what the experienced guys will ask.

Welcome to the forum :thumb:

I am posting in the cropkingseed section only , candy cane is sold as autoflowering only ... i had 2x ohter autoflower , 2x300w led and 1 200w cfl , got 1.5oz each revolver and 3 from candy , first grow.

I am posting in the cropkingseed section only , candy cane is sold as autoflowering only ... i had 2x ohter autoflower , 2x300w led and 1 200w cfl , got 1.5oz each revolver and 3 from candy , first grow.

I understand you are posting in CK's forum. People read and reply to hundreds of threads a day. Sometimes they don't look. If they are on a phone, it may not be easy to see. Also, the forum has changed heavily in the last week or so.

It was a suggestion. Efficient communication reduces the amount of time wasted in reseraching.

Maybe someone who has topped it will swing by and give you the answer you are looking for.

:goodluck:

Yes you can top an auto and possibly get a larger yield but if you are after a larger yield use photo periods.

I was wondering the same thing. My candy cane is 34 days and outdoors. Spotted my first sign of flowering today. Should I top or not? Heeeeeeellllllllp!

I was wondering the same thing. My candy cane is 34 days and outdoors. Spotted my first sign of flowering today. Should I top or not? Heeeeeeellllllllp!

Much too late to top an auto. As said, some top them with great results and others top them with terrible results. You'll have to experiment, if you want, with strains and find one that works. If you're going to top an auto, I'd cut off on the 4th node, leaving three left. This is usually not much later than day 15 I find

Much too late to top an auto. As said, some top them with great results and others top them with terrible results. You'll have to experiment, if you want, with strains and find one that works. If you're going to top an auto, I'd cut off on the 4th node, leaving three left. This is usually not much later than day 15 I find
Thanks a ton! Sure I’ll have more question soon.

Back
Top Bottom