Cannabis Extract Shown Effective for Pain, MS, Appetite

Wilbur

A pilot study with Sativex showed positive effects in 65 per cent of patients with chronic diseases.

On 20 October the Health Committee of Catalonia presented results of a clinical study with the cannabis extract Sativex in patients with different chronic diseases such as multiple sclerosis, neuropathic pain as well as appetite and weight loss.

65 per cent of the 123 participants experienced an improvement of quality of life and a decrease of pain. The other 35 per cent discontinued the treatment due to side effects, mainly dizziness, dry mouth and fatigue.
Medical Marijuana

It was a pilot study that started in January 2006 in six hospitals in the region of Barcelona. According to the press release of the Health Committee the study demonstrated that cannabis could be an alternative for "patients with severe chronic diseases of different causes that would not well respond to standard medications and would be associated with a decrease of quality of life."

Newshawk: user - <A HREF="420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking">420 Magazine</A>
Source: Cadenser.com
Pubdate 29 October 2006:Author:
Copyright: 2006 PRISACOM S.A.

I was the first person in Canada to receive Sativex on prescription and found I didn't have much luck with it for the pain in my face. I was up to over 40 sprays a day and STILL no relief...

Nothing like the REAL Thing I say...

Smoke 'em if you got 'em! :smokin:

Alison
xx

Back
Top Bottom