Cannabis Indica

xbadfishx

I recently had an encounter of the most wonderful kind with INDICA. Here in the big city of Chicago there is not much of a market for shwag so we often get top of the line pot and pot that is considered "rare" by some. But until I was exposed to INDICA, I really had no idea about the variation and its effects and I also had a hard time finding information regarding this specific variety.

That's why I'm making this post.

About Indica:
Cannabis INDICA can be easily identified by the plants, shortness, density, and its short borad leaves. It originates from hashish producing countries likes Afghanistan, Morocco an Tibet. When smoked Cannabis Indica tends to produce a much more relaxed and sleepy high as opposed to that of Cannabis Sativa. This is because of a higher amout of CBD(cannabidiol) than THC.
The Cannabis Sativa species tends to produce more of the cognitive or perceptual effects, while Cannabis INDICA tends to produce more of the physical effects.

The INDICA species of Cannabis is more likely to strongly produce effects like these:
Body rushes
Lethargy
Sensory confusion
Mild auditory hallucinations.
Loss of coordination
Tachycardia (Increased heart rate)
Nausea in certain individuals
Erection
Dizziness, headaches
Anti-emetic properties
Dry mouth (sometimes referred to as cottonmouth)

I have smoked INDICA and can testify that INDICA has VERY different effects on the body.
I have never been so relaxed in my life. My arms and legs felt almost as if they had been numbed. I went from sitting up in a straight back chair to almost falling off of it if I didn't pay attention. I also experienced as pretty severe loss of coordination. My fine motor skills were shot to shit. I was able to stand up and walk, but moving my hands and fingers became quite a task. I also noticed the increased heart rate, but it didn't seem any worse than when I smoke other pot.
The best part about it was that it lasted for a long time. I'm a pretty heavy smoker and the high from INDICA lasted about 4 times that of a regular high.

I hope this may have come as some help to you if you were looking for information. And if nothing else, I hope it was interesting.

Yeah, Indica strains are my favorite too. Sativas actualy make me sleepy, and Indica jazzes and energizes me. I know that's not the case for everyone, but thast how it works on my body. Most of the PURPLE strains I buy are heavy indicas. Getting a hybrid thats 80% indica and 20% sativa is the best though....that strong Indiac slamming you hard with a dash of sativa for the background. MmmMmMmmM.
-PM

Yep The cannabis Indica plant came to North America in the late seventies. These genetics were brought back by travellers of the hippy hashish trail.

Actually, If you're buying from a commerical producer then its much more likely that you'll encounter an Indica variety as oppose to a sativa. Just because Indica's are heavier and take about half the time to flower compared to equatorial based sativa's.

I don't think it is Cannabis Indica. As a scintififc name. I pretty sure that it is a varient of cannabis Sativa. Only thing is that it addapted to northern temps. I think they are still scetificly considered sativa. I may be wrong. I only know of Cann. Sativa, Cann. Rudi, Hemp (I forget the name)

INDICA.. nonfunctional indica.. if you have the time nothing beats it.. as a med for pain.. the best.. for edibles.. the best.

Lately I've had to be functional so I favor sativa.. the functional one. I don't get lost as much.

The ultimate Indica.. has to be in an edible called "Decadence" available only at Berkeley on Telegraph.. the narcotic, nonfunctional, couch-lock ultimate edible.

:smokin:

i've been looking for the difference between sativa and indica for a while. . . i knew one picked you up and the other put you on your ass. . . pretty much all bag weed is indica then? cuz i am germing some bag weed right now, now i have an idea of what to expect. . . thanx guys!!!

i smoked so many indica strains cuzin major couchlock enough to make me feel the age of an old old man.... i am a sativa man all the way now.

SmokeyMacPot said:
I don't think it is Cannabis Indica. As a scintififc name. I pretty sure that it is a varient of cannabis Sativa. Only thing is that it addapted to northern temps. I think they are still scetificly considered sativa. I may be wrong. I only know of Cann. Sativa, Cann. Rudi, Hemp (I forget the name)
Technically they are ALL Cannabis sativa, but indica and rudireralis are sub-species.

what is rudireralis that is the first i have heard of this one, all i knew was Sativa and Indica befor. . . what is the difference in the high? and the plant?

J842P said:
Technically they are ALL Cannabis sativa, but indica and rudireralis are sub-species.

And they're all good!:smokin:

Thanks Mr J8 and Mr S.

Indica always gives me nergy, whereas SATIVA makes me sleepy and feel old. THis is the case wtih my buddy as well. Weird how weed affects people differently :p
-PM

I was talking to my local grower and he says all the strains he comes across at least where i live are 50/50 60/40 and vice versa indica and sativa at the same time, not sure i dont know much about growing

Indica for the win, when i'm awake and alert nd smoke indica i become relax and more calm.
And if i'm sleepy, i get wasted, like now ;)

xbadfishx said:
The INDICA species of Cannabis is more likely to strongly produce effects like these:
Body rushes
Lethargy
Sensory confusion
Mild auditory hallucinations.
Loss of coordination
Tachycardia (Increased heart rate)
Nausea in certain individuals
Erection
Dizziness, headaches
Anti-emetic properties
Dry mouth (sometimes referred to as cottonmouth)

I have smoked INDICA and can testify that INDICA has VERY different effects on the body.
I have never been so relaxed in my life. My arms and legs felt almost as if they had been numbed. I went from sitting up in a straight back chair to almost falling off of it if I didn't pay attention. I also experienced as pretty severe loss of coordination. My fine motor skills were shot to shit. I was able to stand up and walk, but moving my hands and fingers became quite a task. I also noticed the increased heart rate, but it didn't seem any worse than when I smoke other pot.
The best part about it was that it lasted for a long time. I'm a pretty heavy smoker and the high from INDICA lasted about 4 times that of a regular high.

I hope this may have come as some help to you if you were looking for information. And if nothing else, I hope it was interesting.
Hhahahahaha it causes erections <--Most immature remark ever haha

Oh yeah I have one more problem with the post. It says indicas have more CBD than THC. That is not correct. More CBD than a sativa yes. Like a sativa can have 15% THC and .2%CBD. Indicas would be something like 15% THC and 1.2%CBD. CBD is antiphycotic, or what ever. Damn its getting late. Need sleep.

SmokeyMacPot said:
Well, they are ALL Cannabis sativa. The thing is though that there are a few recognized sub-species, i.e. indica and ruderelis. I think that's how it works at least.
Oh, and hemp is generally considered to be a sativa grown for stalk/fiber instead of THC.

Back
Top Bottom