Cannabis still illegal- but tainted alcohol killing thousands

tintala

Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner
I keep seeing news articles about tainted alcohol in ASIA I.E - INDIA, NEPAL< PAKISTAN. , tainted alcohol is killing people everyday in these countries. When someone makes their own alcohol it's quality isn't scrutinized and thus could be poison. Thousands have died already, i have a cousin in law in NEpal that just died from drinking only one glass of homeade alcohol. Unfortuntaly, alot of people are not educated in Nepal to realize that CANNABIS is safer alternative to any quality of alcohol. since the usa made it illegal about 35 years ago, now people are consuming home made alcohol and dying. Cannabis grows everywhere in Nepal, I mean everywhere! But they are instilled with major reefer madnes, perhaps not as bad as USA, nevertheless, a conservative family may view cannabis as a hard drug. Now that people are dying from alcohol and no one has ever died from cannabis , i hope citizens of these countries are soon to realize that CANNABIS is safer, grows everywhere, and can actually be a medicine. This concept hasn't hit ASIA yet , but hopefully soon, it will become too obvious.

Great post. It is not as common here as it once was. You used to hear a term,"Jackleg" meaning a twitching, irregular walk which came from bad booze. Walter Brennan used it some movies, such as the one with Bogart based on a Hemingway novel when he played a mate on Bogarts fishing boat. It might have been "To Have and Have Not". Jackleg was also used to describe a halfbaked, improvised repair. But again, I digress.

Back
Top Bottom