CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

it's brown, but i can't think why there'd be anything bad in it. it looks like it could use it to make gravy for a good sunday lunch!

Just a heads up to all thinking about saving the water for a rainy day....I did, I made some butter a few weeks ago and just yesterday figured out what smelled so bad in my fridge...It almost made me vomit...It had basically turned into a science project that went bad and oh my god it was some sick shit...Unless you decide to use the useless water in the first few days, squash the idea about keeping it....TRUST ME, it is gross!!!! Good luck to all:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Im higher than wiz khalifa and that shit right there , is funny

Quick question: Each time I made the brownies i cooked the butter and weed for 20 minutes . Is that long enough ? Because I noticed they aren't as potent as they are supposed to be ... but still get you pretty high . I kept forgetting that Hash mentioned to let it simmer for a while , does it make that much of a difference ?

Hey branson

First off, I've only made butter once, but I gotta tell you, I've never even heard of a style that calls for less than a few hours of heat bro!! (not that I researched the crap for more than an hour or so)...I'm sure there are various methods for doing this, but, and this goes for cflgrow too with your tea, I simmered in acrock pot for over 12 hours, and my butter is ridiculous!! I'm no scientist, so I cant tell you, at which temerature, and for what duration of time THC starts to degrade (Actually it's around 350-400 degrees F from what I've read) But aparently 12.5 hours isn't too much, and the way I figure it, better safe than sorry...COOK THAT SH!T MAN!!!...My 2 cents....

Quick question: Each time I made the brownies i cooked the butter and weed for 20 minutes . Is that long enough ? Because I noticed they aren't as potent as they are supposed to be ... but still get you pretty high . I kept forgetting that Hash mentioned to let it simmer for a while , does it make that much of a difference ?

Just a heads up to all thinking about saving the water for a rainy day....I did, I made some butter a few weeks ago and just yesterday figured out what smelled so bad in my fridge...It almost made me vomit...It had basically turned into a science project that went bad and oh my god it was some sick shit...Unless you decide to use the useless water in the first few days, squash the idea about keeping it....TRUST ME, it is gross!!!! Good luck to all:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I figure its nothing more than burned plant matter and water, Its freakin nasty BEFORE it grows live cultures!!! I have never heard of anyone using it for anyhting other than talking about how nasty it is!!....Stop by the journal in my sig anytime bud....:peacetwo:

since the oil absorbs the thc and not the water, the water is useless. i do however believe its impossible to squeeze every drop of butter out of the weed so i have been putting some of the weed back in after i pour the mixture into a container. the weed will rise and collect on the bottom of the butter. i make sure i get any stems or big pieces out. i grind it up pretty well first anyway. others have given me positive feedback on my edibles so far so thats cool. im making a mega concentrated batch so i dont have to eat much to get medicated. i did about an ounce and a quarter of pretty much all decent bud to 3 sticks of butter, which would be 3/4 of a pound. im gonna make cream cheese swirl brownies this time. fingers crossed.
:thumb:

Hey branson

(Actually it's around 350-400 degrees F from what I've read)

It's actually closer to 350 so you shouldn't go higher than 325 but 300 works fine. I'm also remembering now that when I cooked the brownies I put them on 350...so that mustve killed a giant amount of THC. I was high at the time and forgot to set it to 300...lol. But thanks for the answer , making some this weekend wish me luck ! :yummy:

Hey all FNG to the forum here.
I just made my first ever batch of cannabutter last night and man I swear I got high from the vapors. I just made my first batch of cookies. Chocolate chip oatmeal and I really hope they work cause they smell like shit.
Thanks for the recipe; I'll let you know how they turn out.

NEVER bake at more than 350 degrees! I bake at 325 to be on the safe side. As far as using the trim to making the butter, here is what I do, grind the trim to a powder then add to melted butter, making sure you stir the powder into the butter. I use a slow cooker/crock pot and set it on WARM for 24 hours, give or take. You can also set it on LOW and let it sit for the day. Either way, stir once in awhile. If you strain the final product, removing the plant from the butter, the potency will be less. The plant still has a substantial amount of THC in it. Also I noticed in previous posts that the ratio of cannabis to butter was very small. Try 4/1 ratio. That means you use 1 oz trim to 4 oz butter. I guarantee you be happy!

NEVER bake at more than 350 degrees! I bake at 325 to be on the safe side. As far as using the trim to making the butter, here is what I do, grind the trim to a powder then add to melted butter, making sure you stir the powder into the butter. I use a slow cooker/crock pot and set it on WARM for 24 hours, give or take. You can also set it on LOW and let it sit for the day. Either way, stir once in awhile. If you strain the final product, removing the plant from the butter, the potency will be less. The plant still has a substantial amount of THC in it. Also I noticed in previous posts that the ratio of cannabis to butter was very small. Try 4/1 ratio. That means you use 1 oz trim to 4 oz butter. I guarantee you be happy!

Awesome! But where were you a week ago before I ruined 1/2oz and 2 dozen cookies? lol :oops: I hate expensive mistakes.
I might try it again someday but for now Ima stick with the vape.

A few months back I attempted to make cannabutter but failed at it because I didnt add enough cannabis, and I was rushing to cool down the butter. It barely gave me a buzz with 4 cookies.

Yesterday I made some cannabutter. I put around 10-11g and used a stick and 1/4th of butter (to make up for the lost butter when cooking). And I am currently making chocolate chip cookies. Saddest part of it all...I can't try them because I am currently in search for a (better) job. But some friends are coming by enjoy this treat. I hope I make it right this time!

Wish me luck!

El Verde

I swear to god I get high from standing over the stove when the pot is cooking. Has anyone else noticed this?

haha!!! yeah! i have felt that!! i always considered it kinda psychosomatic though... or that i'm "high" from the excitement and anticipation!! lol!

How much reg is needed for a stick worth of butter. I have a pretty heavy tolerance, but have never tried edibles.

I thought I had a high tolerance too and than ate a brownie and thought I was dying!!!! Just be careful and don't over due it your first time....It sucks when you have panic attacks over and over for hours and think your going to the other side!!! I know it sounds funny but it is no bullshit my friend!!!:goodluck:

How much would you suggest though? Just everyday mid grade stuff. Would an eighth be enough?

I'm not a pro making butter but I used an oz. per stick of butter and it seemed to be good...It was all shake and popcorn nugs though...I don't think you need that much though...:goodluck:

I routinely make butter and canna-oil. As a rule, use an ounce of bud per pound of butter (four sticks). When I switch to shake or trim, I double up. If you want to make oil, same ratio, but 2 cups of oil instead of a pound of butter.

Honestly guys, don't worry too much about the ratio. If you put an ounce of bud into 4 sticks of butter (aka a quarter oz per stick), you'll have potent butter. If you use less, you'll just end up eating more brownies. The THC content is still there.

Got a quarter pound of butter cooling in my fridge right now... lol i just looked down and its 4:20, Salute!

Made some brownies. I was just wondering if the "quality" of the brownies will degrade as the brownies dry out as they normally do sitting in the pan or should i bust out the saran wrap and make little individual bite sized gonna fuck your shit up don't try to drive anywhere nuggets of goodness?

Hi, I'm a new member.

This looks like an excellent guide. Couple of comments:

Leftover squeezins are pretty useless in my opinion. After all that boiling, the THC concentration in the plant material isn't likely to exceed that of the butter. You could boil them again in fresh water and leach out a little more butterfat. That's a LITTLE; you're not gonna get much. . . my opinion, although I've never tried it.

Also, I use trimmings/bud shake, at least so far. I just throw the squeezins away, the butter comes out nice and strong . . . half an ounce of shake/one stick of butter/mess up yo' head.

I agree with your caution for first timers: this product will MESS YOU UP if you consume too much of it. Use the butter as you normally would and make some cookies. Eat one. ONE. Give it at least 2 hours to start working before you decide to eat more. DO NOT SMOKE any by "mistake". Do this at home, or somewhere that it's ok to hang out for 6 to 8 hours.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom