Cant figure out whats wrong. please help

erockhardass

Hey everyone,

I am having some trouble with my mothers, and cannot figure out what is wrong. I am growing in coco-coir using FloraNova grow nutes, 1/2 strenth every 3rd watering. I always make sure that my nutes and water has a p.h. of 5.8, and also make sure the straight water I feed has a p.h. of 5.8. I started noticing what looked like slight nute burn, so I backed off a bit, but it seems as though entire leaves are turning yellow and falling off, not just the tips. I have pics for you to see. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with these? It almost seems like I'm going from a nute overload to a nute deficiency within a weeks time. Am I missing something?

DSCN0872.JPG

DSCN0871.JPG

DSCN0870.JPG

DSCN0869.JPG

DSCN0868.JPG

DSCN0867.JPG

Please help!!!!

Re: Cant figure out whats wrong...please help

It looks like it may be deficient lighting that could possibly be the culprit here. What is your lighting arrangement?

Also what size are the containers? I see dixie cups but its hard to make out. You're ladies might be rootbound if they're still in dixie cups

Re: Cant figure out whats wrong...please help

They are in 16 oz party cups. I used them to keep them short, as I didnt have much space. As of this week I am using a 100watt flourex bulb, but by the end of the weekend I am going to get a UFO LED just for my mother cabinet and possibly for clones.

Definitely root bound, and Screwnuts or Dro feel free to correct me but shouldn't the PH for that grow medium be closer to the 6.3-6.8 range. Seems to me 5.8 could be locking out nutrients unless it was 100% hydro which obviously it is not.

There are many different grinds & varieties of Coco coir and generally their ph comes around 5.5-6.5. I've honestly never read of a ph range that high for coco. But idk what type erock is using, so idk about telling him to adjust the ph jus yet. Generally speaking tho his ph is right on point, and the problems he's experiencing is probably due to the rootboundness..

They are in 16 oz party cups. I used them to keep them short, as I didnt have much space. As of this week I am using a 100watt flourex bulb, but by the end of the weekend I am going to get a UFO LED just for my mother cabinet and possibly for clones.

Yah erock. It would definitly be time to transplant them. I think the majority of the problem you're seeing is from them being rootbound. They look pretty small so the flourex(looks like you copped it from HD lol) should hold 'em down til your UFO's come. General rule of thumb is 1 gallon per foot. Your plants look like they are approaching 1 foot, so a 1 gallon nusery pot or whateva will be good. You can transplant into a bigger pot if you like, but i did see you said you're tryna keep it short.
How far from the tops are you keeping the lights?
What's you water scheduling like? As in how often are you watering? Are you using Hydrated Coco? If so are you watering every day til you get 10-15% runoff? I know it sounds a lil crazy but a few peers i've seen had a lil prollem dialing in their coco until they watered for run off.
Don't worry erock, if its one thing i've learned is that cannabis is a very resilient plant species, you'll be able to turn the grow around quickly.

you should start a journal or somethin bro :p

Hey guys thanks for all the help.

I am not sure if the coco is hydrated, I got it from a local hydro store, and it was in a big compressed block. I had to add water to break it all apart. The light is about 6 inches from the tops, and my feeding schedule is about once every 3 days, and I do let at least 10% run off. I am going to transplant them as soon as I get my LED and a taller cabinet. I am really just using these ladies for mothers, as I plan on cloning the hell out of them later to do a SOG grow. For the SOG I am doing an ebb and flow with a 3 layer mix in each pot (1st layer hydrotron, 2nd layer coco, 3rd layer hydrotron. The guy at the hydro shop said he grew two next to eachother, one with just hydrotron, and one with a 3 layer mix, and the 3 layer outgrew the straight hydrotron by at least 30%.

transplant them NOW
:amen:!!!.. Pit is like 700% correct. You really should do that immediately

Hey guys thanks for all the help.

I am not sure if the coco is hydrated, I got it from a local hydro store, and it was in a big compressed block. I had to add water to break it all apart. The light is about 6 inches from the tops, and my feeding schedule is about once every 3 days, and I do let at least 10% run off. I am going to transplant them as soon as I get my LED and a taller cabinet. I am really just using these ladies for mothers, as I plan on cloning the hell out of them later to do a SOG grow. For the SOG I am doing an ebb and flow with a 3 layer mix in each pot (1st layer hydrotron, 2nd layer coco, 3rd layer hydrotron. The guy at the hydro shop said he grew two next to eachother, one with just hydrotron, and one with a 3 layer mix, and the 3 layer outgrew the straight hydrotron by at least 30%.

Funny you said that. The mix he's recommending is more or less dutch. Dutch have always mixed coco and hydroton and have said it is the superior way to grow in hydroponics. I'd say for once someone went into a hydro store and got good advice lol. I cant tell you how many times hydro dudes tell me off the wall stuff, and im like wtf?
You mentioned you're getting a taller cab? how much more growspace do you have? And even if your strapped for space a 1 gallon nursery pot is only about 3-4 inches taller than a solo cup. But at this time, i'd transpant at least into a half gallon container, at least while you wait for your cabinet.
Oh yea you are using Hydrated Coco btw ;)

Im going to pick up the cab and LED tomorrow. Would I be better off transplanting these and letting them bounce back? Or just cloning all I can off of them and start over?

Ive dealt with 5 grow supply stores in my life and only 2 actually grew anything
you need to be careful with people say
they are clueless

Im going to pick up the cab and LED tomorrow. Would I be better off transplanting these and letting them bounce back? Or just cloning all I can off of them and start over?
Definitely let them bounce back for a couple weeks before you take the clones. It's never advisable to clone when the plant is in a state of deficiency. Not to mention you'll have a higher success % if you wait til they're healthier ;)

Ive dealt with 5 grow supply stores in my life and only 2 actually grew anything
you need to be careful with people say
they are clueless
omg werd!
i told this ass at this one hydro store, that I wanted to do hydro and he told me to use FFOF. And i politely asked him, i thought its better to use soilless mixes in hydro. he told me whoever told me that didnt know what they were talking about.. could you imagine how your res would look if you used FFOF as a medium? *sigh*
i jus looked at him sorta like how you look at someone when they say something really dumb.

why not do both for fun...yes they will bounce back easily

Back
Top Bottom