Can't we consider all use medicinal?

Good Morning Fam!

I'm new to the forums and was directed here by a good friend of mine that I will be assisting in our first experiment!

I've been using cannabis since 2005ish but never attempted to grow before this one.

I've been deep diving into grows, journals, podcasts, articles, and anything else discussing one of my favourite subjects.

We will likely be starting a journal to better explain our tek in due time.

So in my opinion all are using cannabis are doing so for a medicinal purpose. Maybe that purpose is pain management or utilizing the anti-inflammatory and medicinal effects of cannabinoids for diseases such as cancer. Maybe that is utilizing it as a social lubricant or relaxant. I see it all as medicinal. I use it as a relaxant and social lubricant and am very excited about the new science arriving describing the anti-inflammatory and neuro-protective properties, despite not having a medical prescription.

What is your opinion? Am I justifying intoxication? Am I not giving medicinal use its due? Have I hit on something for you? Does it even matter?

Giddy-up!

Welcome...I think you will find many who are in agreement with you here. This is a great place to share opinions like these and to see other methods of growing. Starting a journal is a great idea and allows others to join you for the ride. If you want to go deep down the rabbit hole of cannabis and medicinal properties look up threads by @SweetSue.

:goodluck:

Good Morning Fam!

I'm new to the forums and was directed here by a good friend of mine that I will be assisting in our first experiment!

I've been using cannabis since 2005ish but never attempted to grow before this one.

I've been deep diving into grows, journals, podcasts, articles, and anything else discussing one of my favourite subjects.

We will likely be starting a journal to better explain our tek in due time.

So in my opinion all are using cannabis are doing so for a medicinal purpose. Maybe that purpose is pain management or utilizing the anti-inflammatory and medicinal effects of cannabinoids for diseases such as cancer. Maybe that is utilizing it as a social lubricant or relaxant. I see it all as medicinal. I use it as a relaxant and social lubricant and am very excited about the new science arriving describing the anti-inflammatory and neuro-protective properties, despite not having a medical prescription.

What is your opinion? Am I justifying intoxication? Am I not giving medicinal use its due? Have I hit on something for you? Does it even matter?

Giddy-up!

I agree with you.

A couple of points though. First, cannabis shouldn't be used by young people whos brains are still developing unless there is a legit medical purpose beyond use as a relaxant or social lubricant as it can affect brain development in negative ways. Everyone I can think of who uses cannabis uses it for a medical purpose. Unfortunately many use the stuff that is sold on the street which is what I call Mexican ditch weed. It's medical uses don't even compare to a good medical strain and unfortunately can cause more harm than good for many people. So for me I separate the use of medical cannabis from that of the crap weed a person buys off the street dealer. Two completely different things in my opinion. I would rather not take cannabis at all than use the street level stuff.

So for me cannabis should be 100% legal so people can get the good stuff and not the ditch weed that gives pot a bad name not to mention the crime and stuff that comes with it. It should also not be sold to anyone under 18 or maybe even 21 unless there is a really good reason for it because recent studies have shown it can do more harm that good for children just as many adult things can be helpful to adults but harmful for children.

Welcome...I think you will find many who are in agreement with you here. This is a great place to share opinions like these and to see other methods of growing. Starting a journal is a great idea and allows others to join you for the ride. If you want to go deep down the rabbit hole of cannabis and medicinal properties look up threads by @SweetSue.

:goodluck:

Thanks for the tip! I had just followed @SweetSue and my goodness I feel like I walked into a masters class! I can't wait to at least be able to understand what she's doing even if I can't replicate.

I agree with you.

A couple of points though. First, cannabis shouldn't be used by young people whos brains are still developing unless there is a legit medical purpose beyond use as a relaxant or social lubricant as it can affect brain development in negative ways. Everyone I can think of who uses cannabis uses it for a medical purpose. Unfortunately many use the stuff that is sold on the street which is what I call Mexican ditch weed. It's medical uses don't even compare to a good medical strain and unfortunately can cause more harm than good for many people. So for me I separate the use of medical cannabis from that of the crap weed a person buys off the street dealer. Two completely different things in my opinion. I would rather not take cannabis at all than use the street level stuff.

So for me cannabis should be 100% legal so people can get the good stuff and not the ditch weed that gives pot a bad name not to mention the crime and stuff that comes with it. It should also not be sold to anyone under 18 or maybe even 21 unless there is a really good reason for it because recent studies have shown it can do more harm that good for children just as many adult things can be helpful to adults but harmful for children.
Love the input! I've always been skeptical about its effects even on young brains. If you have links to the science I'd love to read it!
I've always appreciated getting into cannabis in my formative years. It gave me a safer avenue of rebellion. Isn't rebellion what our teenage years were for? Though I'm sure I'm underestimating effects I've seen anecdotally. Luckily I'm past the prefrontal cortex development, and frankly I'd be shocked if I could do more damage now then 13+ years of cigarettes has already done. I'd love to be informed enough to understand why my current "can it do that much damage?" opinion is misinformed. But I guess that's what decades of prohibition will do. We couldn't even study it to learn why it could be bad.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I'm so excited to learn how much I don't know!

Thanks for the tip! I had just followed @SweetSue and my goodness I feel like I walked into a masters class! I can't wait to at least be able to understand what she's doing even if I can't replicate.

Love the input! I've always been skeptical about its effects even on young brains. If you have links to the science I'd love to read it!
I've always appreciated getting into cannabis in my formative years. It gave me a safer avenue of rebellion. Isn't rebellion what our teenage years were for? Though I'm sure I'm underestimating effects I've seen anecdotally. Luckily I'm past the prefrontal cortex development, and frankly I'd be shocked if I could do more damage now then 13+ years of cigarettes has already done. I'd love to be informed enough to understand why my current "can it do that much damage?" opinion is misinformed. But I guess that's what decades of prohibition will do. We couldn't even study it to learn why it could be bad.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I'm so excited to learn how much I don't know!

I don't have links. There have been studies recently though. Lots of things that are good for adults aren't so good for kids. Take lifting weights as an example. A 12 year old doing heavy weight training with weights can damage their growth plate and actually stunt their growth. Doesn't mean weight lifting is bad. It's just for people with fully developed growth plates just like pot and fully developed brains. Same type of principal. I smoked pot when I was a teenager too, many of us did. It's not that big of a deal as 16 or 18 year old brains are pretty well developed structurally.

I don't have links. There have been studies recently though. Lots of things that are good for adults aren't so good for kids. Take lifting weights as an example. A 12 year old doing heavy weight training with weights can damage their growth plate and actually stunt their growth. Doesn't mean weight lifting is bad. It's just for people with fully developed growth plates just like pot and fully developed brains. Same type of principal. I smoked pot when I was a teenager too, many of us did. It's not that big of a deal as 16 or 18 year old brains are pretty well developed structurally.
I totally understand. Things also work both ways. Milk for babies is essential, yet for many adults it causes debilitating pain.

I think I may just be taking my innate contrarian tendancy and putting it where I shouldn't. Thank goodness nobody expects me to govern for them hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom