Capitate stalked glands

TheGoodness

I am currently at day 54 of the flowering cycle and am starting to have some serious yellowing of the leaves.Now my trichs are starting to turn a milky color and the bud is starting to ripen up now i want the plant to have a more of a numbing buzz so im gonna wait until there is about 30% amber trichs. But my question is with the yellowing of the leaves will it effect the potency of the finished product.:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gotta love harvest time

I just thought i should say this. THC is actually more potent when it is still a clear color not amber. Amber is thc converting it's self to cbd and it is actually decompossing.

During veg the plants stores nutrients in the leaves (fan leaves primarily). As flowering progresses the plant utilizes these nutrients and when expended the leaves, having fulfilled their purpose yellow, wither and eventually fall off.
Some strains lose very few leaves. This year I've harvested some I-doms that lost very few leaves. Plants growing right next to them however lost most of their fan leaves by harvest, making them very easy to manicure.

Nitrogen is always the first thing that gets flushed from the soil, making the fan leaves turn yellow. This is all normal for the final stages of growth.

cannaking said:
I just thought i should say this. THC is actually more potent when it is still a clear color not amber. Amber is thc converting it's self to cbd and it is actually decompossing.

But it's actually the CBD in Indica's that is suspected to be the cause of the "couchlock" full-body high, while a more THC rich plant produces a more "up" like Sativa head-high.

I have heard and read the same thing
But it's actually the CBD in Indica's that is suspected to be the cause of the "couchlock" full-body high, while a more THC rich plant produces a more "up" like Sativa head-high.
But also reading from an article for "up" high pick when thrichomes are clear, for middle of the road pick when trichomes are translucent and if u wait till they start to turn amber u get the couch effect!! Don't know how much truth to this.

I like it when they turn opal. The inbetween stage of clear and amber.
Opal trics are fully ripe and has not started degration or some people might say they are just starting degration. Effect in high is more strain dependent. If you don't know what I mean about opal its when the res sac is more of a milky white located at the top of the gland which we also refer to as a trichome. The capitate stalked glands are the ones that have mushroom head on the end of a stalk(can't think of the proper term at the moment lol).

Back
Top Bottom